Mountain Project Logo

RR Guide on Wed 4/25

Original Post
Rob T · · Rhinebeck, NY · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I'm looking for guide recommendations... I'll be in LV and can head to RR on Wednesday, April 25th. Would love recommendations for great Red Rocks guides. I've been climbing in the gym (5.9/5.10s), and only a few guided days outdoors (simple TR climbing at The Gunks and J-Tree), so would love rec's for experienced guides who know Red Rocks well. Thank you!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Jackson Hole Mountain Guides has a branch in Vegas. 

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 327

It’s a short list of places that are actually permitted to guide in RR .... you have The American Alpine Institute , Red Rock Mountain Guides  , Jackson Hole Mountain Guides , Mountain Skills Guides .... there might be a 5th one but if there is it escapes me atm. They are all quality outfits with solid people ... I’d check out each outfit and see which suits what your looking for.

Personally ...names you might want to look into are Doug Foust(AAI) , Andrew Yasso(AAI) , Tracy Martin(Mountain Skills) , Josh Janes (Jackson Hole) , Dan Young (Red Rock Mountain Guides) all great Guides.

Excellent, thanks so much for the great rec's. All of the above guides look top-notch.

I climbed with Dan Young yesterday, and it was my best day of climbing yet. Led my first route ever of any kind (sport), and followed some trad routes, which I'd never done, either. Dan was awesome, and I highly recommend him as a guide. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "RR Guide on Wed 4/25"