For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

BOULDERING PARTNERS AND TRAVEL MATES WANTED! PLANNING A TRIP FROM ITALY

Original Post
Dana HellBlau · · ITALY but travelling · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hello!
I am an italian girl. I'd like to plan a trip to Us to explore the Bishop area and other spots in the near.
I will probably start my trip in Us from San Francisco Airport or others.
I usually travel alone but I prefer to climb in good company and therefore I would like to find people to share climbing, drive and visiting Cali. I also do sport climbing and I am good in belaying but I prefer bouldering.
Also someone of Europe interested in the same trip.
I speak English, French, a bit od German and of course Italian  
None of my italian mates seems to be interested in this trip.
I have no fixed dates yet. Maybe June-July-August-September-October 2018.
For 3 weeks more or less.

If you are interested just let me know

=)
Loredana

Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 806

October would be your best bet climbing in Bishop and actually enjoying it. It can get extremely hot there during the summer months. I would try closer to the winter months if possible

Abogado Chris · · San Diego, CA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 1

My girlfriend and I would be more than happy to help host you on your trip and go climbing with you when we can get off work. We are bouldering fiends and have lots of location beta. But, we do live in San Diego so it is a little far from Bishop, about a 6 hr drive. Then 3 hrs to Joshua Tree, 2 hrs to Black Mountain.

That said, whatever you do I would definitely recommend a trip later in the year, especially if you are dead set on Bishop because it is really too hot to climb in Bishop from June to July and most of September. We go bouldering at Black Mountain (forest up in the San Jacinto Mountains) during the summer and it will still be warm up there. Fall and winter is where it’s at for almost all of Southern California. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "BOULDERING PARTNERS AND TRAVEL MATES WANTED! PL…"
in the Southern California Partners