Mountain Project Logo

Partners Yosemite, Pinnacles, Castle

Original Post
Peter V Braun · · Santa Cruz, CA · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 80

I am looking for partners for trad in Yosemite, etc - I want to start off easier, 5.8-5.10-, and once warmed up push the higher 10s and lower 11s. 

I'm also looking for day trip partners to Pinnacles or Castle Rock, where I'm looking to work on upper 11s to low 12s or some more adventurous easy stuff.

Let me know if you want to meet up!

Trevor Salom · · San Jose · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 5

Hey Peter, I’d be down to do some day trips to Castle Rock/Pinnacles and I’m also planning to do quite a few weekend trips to Yosemite, although I imagine I will need to practice on some cracks to be any good there.

Let me know when you’re free and maybe we can meet up castle rock or something. (408) 375-7980

Eileen Takeshita · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 15

Hi there!  I'm always up to going to Pinnacles!  I'm not as strong a climber....but can belay and maybe climb some warm up climbs that you might do!  Available weekends!  408-460-1326

Thanks!

Eileen

Michel Bernier · · Rubber Tramp · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all, I am road tripping through California and would love to get in as much climbing as possible. Just left J Tree where I was leading 5.8+ trad multipitch.

I mostly just want to get on the rock, not necessarily looking to project 11's.

Hit me up if you want to get out and climb.

Thanks!

Donald Storms · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hey Peter I'll be around Yosemite for a while.  We're on the same page on objectives.  I'm a 5.10 climber but trying to be mindful in a new domain and take it easy, as I've never been in Yosemite.  But I love cracks and love granite.  I'll be on foot the next couple days scoping things out til weather is prime. But let's climb! 980 two hundred 1995

David R · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 0

Peter or Donald...
Seems like were close in level. In Oct was onsighting/red pointing easy 11s. Havent been on rock since Oct so would want to do some 9s and 10s. Been wanting to do absolutely free.

Anyone free next Monday or Wednesday  if next week?  ... April 16th and 18th.

Cheers ,
David 

Stephen Ayling · · Sydney Australia · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hey everyone, I've just landed in El Portal (sun night). Looks like Monday will be a washout with weather but I'm def keen to climb Tuesday & Wednesday. If you've got a spare car spot in your campsite even better. This is the final leg of a 4 week climbing trip so pretty battered and looking for easy stuff, will belay you on whatever.
Leading 5.8+ JT, 5.9ish RR, 5.9ish Indian Creek.
No idea what I'll be like here. Have no phone reception here, only wifi in hotel room so get back to me here or email: diverdan.sa@gmail.com

Cheers

Patricia Decker · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Stephen! I'll be in Yosemite Valley 4/18-4/22 with another climbing friend. Our friend who leads trad bailed on us, so we would love to find other climbers if we can! Otherwise we'll just be hiking, which is still pretty good :)

We currently have room at our campsite for 3-4 more people and one more vehicle.

510-292-7300
Tricia

Anna Lynn · · Columbia, SC · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey! I’m not sure if you’re still looking for a partner, but I’m planning on being in Yosemite and surrounding areas for the next month (may 1 onward). I lead and follow trad and sport and it seems like we would have similar grade objectives. Let me know (or anyone else interested).

80320I8II9

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Partners Yosemite, Pinnacles, Castle"
in the Northern California Partners