Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Cam trigger wire

Original Post
Nick Haha · · Baltimore, md · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 115

Can someone reccomend a place to send a few of my cams away to get the trigger wire repaired at?

ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 405

It depends on the brand. If they are BD, just buy trigger wire replacement kits. Some cams are harder than others (Mastercams for instance). If you need custom work beyond what the manufacturer can (or will) do, there are a few folks who offer that service I believe.

I’ve never tried to replace it, that’s why I was going to send it away to someone who can fix it.  Two of them I have are BD and one is a WC older friend.  Instead of sending it to two different places, I was looking for just one person who does any make.

ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 405

Wired Bliss (RIP) used to offer that service. For your BD cams, seriously just get the trigger wire kits and replace them yourself. It's fast, easy, and fairly inexpensive.

If you're set on having someone do it for you, Runout Customs will do the work. Here's their info/contact page: runoutcustoms.com/cam-repai…

Thank you for all your help

Tianyu Yao · · San Diego · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15

Or you can just replace it with nylon strimmer wire. 1.6mm diameter is the size you want to go for. 

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
Nick Haha wrote:

I was looking for just want who does any make.

Wwwwhhhaaaaaa!?!?!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Cam trigger wire "
in the Climbing Gear Discussion