Mountain Project Logo

Gym partner for early April

Original Post
Roger Curry · · Squamish, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 25

I'm going to be based in downtown San Francisco from April 3-18th, possibly relocating to the bay area in Jan 2019. I'm a sandstone crack climber at heart, but I'm trying to keep fit for granite this summer in Squamish. I don't want to start a riot, but what is the best gym for a visitor to SF? Also, wondering if there is anyone who needs a climbing partner for a few nights/week? or even on the weekend. I might be open to something outdoors on the weekend, but I don't know the crags around SF and won't have a vehicle. Appreciate any beta, thanks!

Spencer Maroukis · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 5

I've only been to Touchstone gyms since I'm a member there but Mission Cliffs has some decent cracks and usually an offwidth set up. It gets insanely crowded 6-8 on weeknights, still decently crowded in the morning. Tuesday and Thursday open til 11, clears out around 8:30. Unfortunately I'm not around.

Holly W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

For Indoor in SF, there's also Planet Granite Presidio and Dogpatch Boulders. Outdoors in SF there's Beaver Street Wall and Glen Canyon Park boulders. 

Lisa Ellerin · · San Francisco. CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 25

Hey Roger, I'm looking for a partner tonight at PGSF if you want to check out the gym.. any time after 5:30. And I'm almost always up for an outdoor adventure on the weekends & I have a  car.

Travis Siros · · Camarillo · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

I’m flying into SFO Friday morning the 13th and I am down to gym climb this weekend. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Gym partner for early April"