Mountain Project Logo

Northeast New Mexico (Sugarite and Taos area)

Original Post
Samuel Prestigiacomo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I am moving to Capulin, NM in May and don't want to give up climbing for 3-4 months just because I am 3ish hours away from any major climbing. If you're near Sugarite State Park I am definitely able to climb with you on any off day (I may be able to sneak in some evenings a few times per week. I would love to find some partners for the Taos area for some weekend climbing.

Some info about me:

I am a 21 year old male, and I have been climbing consistently for 3 years. I sport climb outdoors mostly and have done trad once in NY. I do have my own sport and trad rack but the trad rack isn't really specialized for a particular area. My trad skills leave much to be desired, though I do know how to place nuts and cams I just need more experience. I am very comfortable with belaying lead and am kind of a stickler for safety and attentive belaying, I take it seriously.

Sport lead: 5.10a

Trad lead: 5.5 (I'm sure I can do better, this is just my only experience with trad)

Feel free to DM me if you are interested (even if it's just a one time deal) I'd be stoked to talk!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico Partners
Post a Reply to "Northeast New Mexico (Sugarite and Taos area)"