Mountain Project Logo

Colorado Sport Trip

Original Post
Dyll Pickle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I am looking for a sport area  in Colorado that isn’t to far from Boulder with lots of 5.10-5.12 Climbs to climb at in the spring. What’s your favorite place? I have been made aware that each rating on MP is a personal rating from users, I was not originally aware of this. I am specifically looking for a place where I could camp for a week. I am trying to transfer from bouldering to sport so all advice welcome!

T G · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hello lazy web...

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10

Ever hear of mountain project? ....oh wait...

Rees LaBree · · Centennial, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 65

Clear Creek Canyon - Mecca of sport climbing of the front range. Ill let you comb mountainproject for the rest.

climberish wrote:

Ever hear of mountain project? ....oh wait...

No duh genius I wanted a personal recommendation

Jeff G. · · Fort Collins · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 875

Boulder Canyon

Clear Creek Canyon (deafening noise, I can barely climb in that canyon)

Devils Head - would be my choice 

La MoMoFace · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

Dyll Pickle wrote:

With an attitude like that, I'm feelin' those sponsorship dollars roll in...

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

Check out the boulder rock club. Or visit the climbing destinations map on mountainproject.com

Peter Foster · · Davis, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 105

"I am also avid for outdoor rock climbing."     Yet somehow still doesn't know where to climb? I'm confused what you think "avid" means...

Peter Foster wrote:

"I am also avid for outdoor rock climbing."     Yet somehow still doesn't know where to climb? I'm confused what you think "avid" means...

I am specifically looking for personal preferences so I have an idea where I would like to dedicate my time. I am an avid climber although most people are convinced that if you ask a ? about climbing areas that you aren’t “avid” I thought that “community”  is supposed to help support other. Apparently not.

Jack V · · Reno, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 10

Dyll, really if you chill out and are a little more sincere, people would be more willing to give suggestions. You definitely are sounding like a 16 year old. MP does have ratings and you can use the route finder to narrow your search to routes that are in your area, within the grades you are looking for, that have high quality ratings, and start there. MP users appreciate when you do your own homework instead of asking for simple things any of us could search (radical self reliance, dude). 

Peter Foster · · Davis, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 105

It's just humorous to see you asking for lead belay tips, advice on where to climb, and then trying to sell yourself as an "athlete" worthy of sponsorship and posting on MP about it, of all places.

jleining · · CO · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 28

@Jeff G  and OP: the road to Devils head does not open until May, just an FYI so it is closed for half of spring.

s.price · · PS,CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,348

Dyllon,

What is a reasonable distance from Boulder for you? Penitente is a great spring area.

When posting it is important to be clear about what you are looking for. In this case stating you were looking for personal opinions would have eliminated the perception of you just being lazy and the resulting flack that followed. 

Steve

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Probably a troll. I recommend Boulder movement gym, lots of good sport routes.

K. Le Douche · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 100

D-Train,

You should totally climb in BOCA.  Tons great routes at Sport Park.

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10

Dyll Pickle wrote:

You do realize that the consensus grading and star system of MP is essentially a personal rating (albeit with some flaws) from the community as a whole.... just saying... don't be lazy, do some research.

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 871

jleining wrote:

@Jeff G  and OP: the road to Devils head does not open until May, just an FYI so it is closed for half of spring.

It opens when conditions allow. Severe drought this year.  It may open quite early.   

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,470

Dyll Pickle wrote:

I am specifically looking for personal preferences so I have an idea where I would like to dedicate my time.

You can search for sport routes with a high number of stars, then. Each of these ratings IS a personal opinion from someone that climbed it. Honestly, this is the tool I use. I never come here asking about what the forum thinks when I can get a printout tailored to what I am looking for.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Colorado Sport Trip"
in the Colorado