Mountain Project Logo

Climbing/Bouldering near Sandthrax Campsite

Original Post
Chris Lile · · Caldwell, ID · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 31

Hey guys! I will be going down to the North Wash next week for a full week of canyoneering fun. However, me and a couple of friends would like to do some relatively easy bouldering/ top rope climbing near camp. Does anyone know of any established boulders or routes in the area? I wasn't able to find anything on MP. Does anyone know of a local guidebook that might help us out? Anything would be appreciated. We are looking for routes around 5.8-5.10a, or V0-V4ish.

Thanks,

Chris

fossana · · leeds, ut · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 13,318

Message Ryan of Road Trip Ryan.  Please report back on conditions :).

Chris Lile · · Caldwell, ID · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 31

@fossana 

I am not familiar with how to message Ryan. I have looked on his website, and there is nothing in the area that we will be in, but I'm confident there are at least some quality boulder problems. 

fossana · · leeds, ut · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 13,318

I suggested him since he's done Sandthrax (and lots of other N Wash canyons) and also climbs, so he is likely familiar with potential climbing opportunities near the campsites.  To reach him try here or on the RTR FB page.  tl;dr I doubt you'll find documented routes in the area. You can also scope it out on Google Maps/Earth satellite view.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Climbing/Bouldering near Sandthrax Campsite"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started