Mountain Project Logo

High Sierra climbing - East Side peaks

Original Post
Patrick Band · · Napa, CA · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Anyone planning to do some of the easier (up to 5.9 or so) alpine climbs in the High Sierra this summer?  Thinking Humphreys, Merriam, Matthes, or similar.  Not looking to push grades or prove anything to anyone. Just interested in getting away from the crowds, and enjoy the experience.

Sean Maher · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1,245

Same here! Psyched on Merriam, Goode, Russell and others.

Ryan Pfleger · · North Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 15

Absolutely. Feel free to shoot me a PM. If I am free, I am in.

NathanC · · Logan, UT · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 10

Not a local, but I've been eyeballing long moderates in the area this summer.  Happy to throw in with a bit of advance notice, especially if you've got an extra Whitney permit laying around ;)

Tori T · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I'm also down for summer climbs in the Sierras! PM me, and if free I'm in too. 

Andy W · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 33

Planning a trip late August and I'm wondering if anyone local can help with some info on permits and routes? See my post at the below link. Thanks!

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114199088/sierra-alpine-planning-help

amy a · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

Patrick or anyone else who posted here, I have been climbing in the Sierra about 10 years up to low 11 (lead 10c). Super safe. I have permits for Russell, Whitney and some other peaks this summer and my usual partner can’t go. Let me know if anyone is interested. My priorities in a partner: safe and competent, committed to getting to the top unless it’s unsafe and generally a decent person to be around.

Sean Maher · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1,245
amy a wrote:

Patrick or anyone else who posted here, I have been climbing in the Sierra about 10 years up to low 11 (lead 10c). Super safe. I have permits for Russell, Whitney and some other peaks this summer and my usual partner can’t go. Let me know if anyone is interested. My priorities in a partner: safe and competent, committed to getting to the top unless it’s unsafe and generally a decent person to be around.

I'm still psyched to do Mithril Dihedral or Fishhook Arete if you need a partner

Stefanie Stewart · · Wilton, California · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0
amy a wrote:

Amy I'm down for any of these routes if you need a partner. I'm way into safe, fun, positive climbing. I've really wanted to do Russel for awhile now. 

David S · · Daly City · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0
Stefanie Stewart wrote:safe, fun, positive climbing

^^Doubling down on THIS^^  

2018 is the Summer of the Summit!

I'll be in back in Bishop starting 5/15, waiting for the weather to let these happen:

Bear Creek Spire
Temple Crag
Swiss Arete on Sill
Palisades (Evo Trav?)
Lone Pine Peak
Carillon-Russell-Whitney-Muir?

..and other 'Croft-book'-style awesome adventures?  

You name it, let's go!

Chris Bassett · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Also interested in this, particularly after June 8th and easy to moderate grades...

Peter Fuszard · · Truckee, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Also down for most of those and more. Planning Thunderbolt to Sill traverse and Temple Crag for sure. 

Evan Borders · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I'm in...looking to get out quite a bit this season. Sierra's preferred.

Live in SF and work part-time, so always looking for partners. Train at PG in the presidio. 909-519-6867

Spencer Maroukis · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 5

Damn this thread is hot can’t wait to bag some peaks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "High Sierra climbing - East Side peaks"
in the Northern California Partners