Mountain Project Logo

Team Tough Bolt Products North America

Original Post
Bobby Hutton · · Gold Country CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 727

It seems like it is really easy to jump on the internet and complain bitterly when some company or sales person screws us over, but a little harder to remember to share positive experiences. With that in mind I would like to share a positive interaction that I had with Dave Quinn over at Team Tough. 

I placed large order of twist bolts and pig tails. Dave let me know he was out developing routes but that he had some bolts with him and he would drop some in the mail to partially fulfill the order. They arrived a couple days later and unfortunately they were the wrong size. I let Dave know and he more than made it right, fulfilling the whole order as placed and throwing in the $500 worth of bolts that were sent to me by mistake. Throughout the whole process he has been excellent about communicating the status of my order. I was very pleased with the customer service that I received. 

Product wise I am also impressed. All the bolts I have inspected look good, no quality control issues. I ordered the largest size that they offer (8mm x 150 mm) and those bolts are super beefy, the largest commercially available climbing specific glue in bolt I am aware of. I am sure they are overkill but the price is so reasonable I figured that it was worth it. Over all the prices were comparable or better than anything else on the market and they offer bulk discounts as well. 

Eric Engberg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 0

DQ is one of the most stand-up guys I know,

Alan Emery · · Lebanon, NH · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 251

Dave is one of the most upright climber have met and one of the most honest man I have dealt with.  He is down to earth, humble and one of the hardest climbers I know.  Good to see him setting routes I only dream of climbing.

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490
Alan Emery wrote:

He is down to earth, humble and one of the hardest climbers I know.  Good to see him setting routes I only dream of climbing.

Nearly spat my coffee over the keyboard reading that! Don´t ask him about last weekend in the Frankenjura, we didn´t get half way up any of the routes and we´re talking 5.9 here  

Jim Titt

Bolt Products

Germany

Jim Titt wrote:

Nearly spat my coffee over the keyboard reading that! Don´t ask him about last weekend in the Frankenjura, we didn´t get half way up any of the routes and we´re talking 5.9 here  

Jim Titt

Bolt Products

Germany

If Dave was in Germany climbing with you, then it is like I said, he's humble and probably didn't want you to feel bad at your home crag!    

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490

He´s always humiliated me before, not that that´s difficult.

Should of saved the Pilsner until after the climbing!  Either that or your 5.9's must be like our 5.13's   

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Team Tough Bolt Products North America "
in the Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors