Mountain Project Logo

Access Fund - click-bait

Original Post
grog m · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Just want everyone to be aware that our comments may be used second hand for click-bait. The part that bothers me is that its not even close to the 'gnarliest' dog rant comments on here. 

https://www.accessfund.org/open-gate-blog/6-gnarly-mountain-project-dog-rants

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10

this is some meta shit right here... we have a MP thread, about an access fund article, about MP threads.... This is getting deep... MP-ception.

Boissal . · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,363
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I like how I give Access Fund money and they pay a staff member to lurk Mountain Project and use comments for a click bait article.

Hope your lawsuit for Bear Ears is going well...

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20
jg fox wrote:

I like how I give Access Fund money and they pay a staff member to lurk Mountain Project and use comments for a click bait article.

Hope your lawsuit for Bear Ears is going well...

To be fair, it was probably an unpaid intern who wrote that.

Sam Cieply wrote:

To be fair, it was probably an unpaid intern who wrote that.

If that's the case, I'm so glad they are getting the most out of their internship.

Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 569

Boissal’s post got deleted? 

That’s pretty weak. 

C Archibolt · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 871

While I consider anything I post on a public forum to be public domain, I do think the Access Fund article sucked. Zero laughs from me. I will, however, keep my membership active. One crappy article doesn't offset all the work they've done at the crags I frequent. 

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60
Mark E Dixon wrote:

That’s pretty weak. 

Totally. Calling someone a tosser gets a deleshun? 

Creed Archibald wrote:

While I consider anything I post on a public forum to be public domain, I do think the Access Fund article sucked. Zero laughs from me. I will, however, keep my membership active. One crappy article doesn't offset all the work they've done at the crags I frequent. 

I agree but I would like to see them get organized with periodic updates on crags that have limited access (e.g. closed cliffs, no overnighting, and etc).  Have a database of these areas and say what is needed to reach a compromise with the property manager to maintain access.  Whether it is trail work, no bolting, replaced bolts for liability, better conservation ethics, litter clean up and so on, it would be nice to know what is expected at each area to get it climbable.

I know what access fund has done and hasn't done in the past, they earned my support through word of mouth with their work at Auburn Quarry, however they could always do more.

Alexander Blum · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 132
Mark E Dixon wrote:

That’s pretty weak. 

Nick will delete anything someone flags. I don't think he really reads the posts, just deletes things that get flagged without question.

grog m · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

I didn't flag his post fyi. I dont agree with any deletes on MP for any reason, but thats a different debate. I did call him out for anonymously insulting me, and my post got deleted as well. 

Boissal, if you ever want to talk send me a PM. Or maybe I'll see you in Momentum sometime ; )

reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

Post deletion aside, this reminds me of back when a climbing mag (or blog) wrote about gay climbers and totally quoted a joke about crack climbing (laying it back and jamming it in, if you get the drift) on rc.com. Somebody was proud for a while...

Tomily ma · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 305

That’s post modern!!!!

La MoMoFace wrote:

Totally. Calling someone a tosser gets a deleshun? 

That is by far the mildest posT I've ever had flagged or remOved. The level of SeriouSness around hEre is getting a bit depRessing...

ViperScale . · · McMurdo Station, AQ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

They copied a post from me up there... I am going to sue!

grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

Or maybe I'll see you in Momentum sometime ; )

Are you threatening me on the internet? I'm also going to sue.
But seriously, glad you're not that thin-skinned. Feel free to ignore me if you see me at Momentum, I'm ever more unpleasant in person than on here. 

Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 569

I wonder if we could pull off a thread where every post got deleted?

Mark E Dixon wrote:

Bet you can't. 

Mark E Dixon wrote:

They will just delete the thread then.  They did that with some Old Lady H drama a year ago.

Boissal wrote:

Are you threatening me on the internet? I'm also going to sue.
But seriously, glad you're not that thin-skinned. Feel free to ignore me if you see me at Momentum, I'm ever more unpleasant in person than on here. 

You guys can't fight at Momentum. It's a family establishment. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Access Fund - click-bait "