Mountain Project Logo

Need females for bouldering research questionnaire!

Original Post
Talia Drew · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I'm looking for women to fill in my masters research questionnaire on indoor bouldering and work demands.  The only criteria are that you boulder (indoors) and have a job (full-time/part-time/ flexi hours... it doesn't matter). 

If you fit this criteria and can spare 7 minutes of your time, I would really appreciate you taking part in my research, as approved by the University of Surrey Psychology Department.  Please also share and spread the word to others! 

The link for the questionnaire is: https://surreyfahs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IC51v08FXbYWRT

Anne McLaughlin · · Raleigh, North Carolina · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 136

I love climbing research!

If you send it out again, I might suggest changing the word setting to environment. People might think you mean the setting of a boulder problem, as in where the holds are, instead of the setting of the gym as a place to be. 

Happy to participate!

Katie K · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0
Talia Drew wrote:

I'm looking for women to fill in my masters research questionnaire on indoor bouldering and work demands.  The only criteria are that you boulder (indoors) and have a job (full-time/part-time/ flexi hours... it doesn't matter). 

If you fit this criteria and can spare 7 minutes of your time, I would really appreciate you taking part in my research, as approved by the University of Surrey Psychology Department.  Please also share and spread the word to others! 

The link for the questionnaire is: https://surreyfahs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IC51v08FXbYWRT

Still looking for data or you all set now?

Laralyn M. · · SF is home (but I live in NYC) · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 55

I filled out the survey, and want to point out an assumption embedded in the question set. It seems you're trying to draw a correlation between work stress and after-work activity [ostensibly to relieve work stress]. There was nowhere to indicate this in the questionnaire, but I climb at 6:30am (i.e., before work​). Not sure how that'll affect your analysis, but I can say with certainty that I'm not the only one who trains in the mornings. :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Women's Forum
Post a Reply to "Need females for bouldering research questionna…"

There is ZERO tolerance for being a jerk in the Women's Forum.