Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Ceuse, France

Original Post
Elena Herrero · · New York, NY · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I'll be in Ceuse climbing from March 23 until April 1st. Currently it's looking like the main campsite of les goerins will not be open yet. I'm hoping to find some climbing partners for I will be alone and also am looking for another campsite. Any recommendations for campsites that will be open? Also, anyone going to be climbing in Cuese between those dates? 

Mathew Coburn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Might be very cold and wet at that time of year. This UKC article says the season starts late Spring...

https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/destinations/ceuse_-_summer_sport_climbing_in_france-118

Will Maness · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 35

^Yeah...

Alan Rubin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Ceuse is quite high up--the back side from the cliff is a ski slope, so March/early April is quite early, especially this year with the major late winter storms. If you are commited to that general area during that time period, Orpierre is only a bit over an hours drive away, is quite extensive, and since it is considerably lower in altitude is very likely to be 'in condition'. There are also a number of other crags in the vicinity. If you are without your own transport, I'm pretty sure that Orpierre can be reached by public transport via Sisteron (which has its own crag on the edge of town). Once in Orpierre all the climbing is very accessible on foot from the campsite or from gites in the village. There is a climbing shop and climbers bar in the village as well, so good places to find partners.

Elena Herrero · · New York, NY · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks guys, yeah I've decided to go to Orpierre instead. Thank you for the guidance! If you know of any people that will be there, please send out a contact! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Ceuse, France"