Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

El Potrero Easter weekend

Original Post
Aaron Beeby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I will be in El Potrero from March 30 to April 2 and will be looking for a partner to get on some multi pitch routes. I’d like to get on Yankee Clipper or Timewave Zero if possible.

James Flowers · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

I’ll be down there with a friend that weekend too and those are on our tick list. We’ll be there the week prior too so not sure what’ll still be on the list by then but would probably have some good beta if nothing else. I’d be down for trying to connect, it’ll be my first time down there. 

Sounds good James! It will be my first trip to Potrero as well. I’m staying in one of the small rooms at La Posada. Hopefully it’s not going to be too hot and we can get on some of the classics.

I’m stayin at El Rancho Sendero, heading out tomorrow for our first day of climbs. Should be greatbweather, maybe a little on the warm side. Coming from Minnesota, I’ll take it 

Haha, I hear you. Enjoy it and hopefully I’ll join you next weekend. 

EvJohnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 30

Hey Aaron I will be there at the same time and am third wheeling.  We are staying at La Posada as well.    I have done both of those climbs but would be happy to accompany on one of them again if we can hop on some other stuff as well.  

Hank Caylor · · Glenwood Springs, CO · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 615

Keep your head on a swivel, just because it is Mexico, but y'all are going to have a fantastic time. The weather should be fine.

Rudy Peckham · · Potrero Chico · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 508

Let me just say that "Semana Santa" (Easter Week) is a huge holiday here. There will be a ton of locals having a good time. Don't leave your packs or anything else at the base of the routes. It will get taken.

What's up Hank?

Duncan Domingue · · Scott, LA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0
Rudy Peckham wrote:

Let me just say that "Semana Santa" (Easter Week) is a huge holiday here. There will be a ton of locals having a good time. Don't leave your packs or anything else at the base of the routes. It will taken.

What's up Hank?

The start of Time Wave Zero is quite a hike from the road for anyone but climbers. Even with good approach beta I think it would take 45 minutes to get to the base of the climb. So I believe your stuff would be safe at the base of Time Wave Zero.

Hey Ev! I’m down to do whatever climbs you want if we can get on either one of those routes. I arrive late Friday night and will be staying in small room #3. Hoping to do the longer routes on Saturday due to the higher temps on Sunday.

Thanks for the info everyone!

We did TWZ this morning and left our approach shoes down at the base, brought small day pack with food, water, etc with us. Didn’t see a soul all day until we got back down and saw some climbers on the spires. Anyways, great climb but would recommend an early start just to avoid the heat.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "El Potrero Easter weekend "