Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a new shoe

Original Post
Michael Hase · · San Jose, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 506

I've had the 5.10 anasazi vcs for a bit and haven't been a huge fan of them. They are a solid shoe, but the fit is a bit meh. Any recommendations for a shoe that is solid for sport and occasionally bouldering? 

Charles DuPont · · Dallas, TX · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

didn't you just comment about the katana lace in another thread? If miuras fit your feet you cant go wrong with them. 

keithconn · · LI, NY · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 35

Katana and Miuras are both great but totally different shoe. I wear miuras while my brother wears katana. We both love the shoes. Pick the one for you. 

Michael Hase · · San Jose, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 506
Charles DuPont wrote:

didn't you just comment about the katana lace in another thread? If miuras fit your feet you cant go wrong with them. 

Yes that was a suggestion from input I have received from a handful of friends who have worn them. La sportivas tend to not fit my fit very well

Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 476
Michael Hase wrote:

Yes that was a suggestion from input I have received from a handful of friends who have worn them. La sportivas tend to not fit my fit very well

Try more on, they have many lasts with different fits. Miura lace kill my pinky toe, as do solutions. Testes, katana lace, and skwama/otaki fit me very well. 

PatMas · · Tulsa, OK · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Tenaya Masai is similar to the muira, but a different heel and foot shape 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for a new shoe"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion