Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Found! Climbing gear in downtown SLC

Original Post
Richard Kimble · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

From my faceboom post on the Utah Climbers page...

Found!  Bag with lots of climbing gear, harness, rope, etc...  Near 9th east and 1st south in SLC.  

It had been sitting in a conspicous location near where the public comes and goes.  It was still there when I returned later in the day so I checked out the bag and found a bunch of climbing gear in it.   Didnt trust the shady characters behind the counter after they asked me how expensive the stuff was with $ in their eyes so I left with it.  I know full well how spendy it is.  I am pretty sure its stolen but there is alwayz a chance someone sat it down and left it.  Ive been that dumb before lol!  A friend suggested I post it here before making my way to the climbing gyms and crags to try to find its owner.

Did you have an airhead moment and leave your gear where anybody could walk away with it in Downtown slc?  Did your stuff get jacked by some crack/meth/heroin junkie/your ex who sucked at hocking a bunch climbing gear in a stinky bag?  

I dont climb much but I sure love the hills and firmly believe in Mountain Karma, I have cashed a bunch in and would like to pay it back.  I know this community is tight!  Help me help somebody.  Spread the word!

Post up here or pm me with circustances and description of the gear.

Cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Found! Climbing gear in downtown SLC"
in the Lost and Found