Mountain Project Logo

Bolt replacement in Durango

Original Post
eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 502

Hey guys, I'm looking for bad bolts in need of replacement in the Durango area. I've got most if not all of the tools needed, the stoke, and hopefully the time to start replacing some of the rotten bolts in the area.

I've got a spinner tool and bolt puller (courtesy of the access fund), a tap and accompanying eyebolt, and access to a power power drill, a handful of stainless 5 piece bolts and possible access to more stainless bolt through ASCA. And lots of stoke. What I don't have is a draw stud to connect sleeves to the bolt puller (but I do have the eye bolt and access to a funkness device), a hooking tool for 5 piece bolts, a car (yet), and other stoked people.

What I'm looking for is any of the above tools, help populating a spreadsheet with information on bad bolts, and more stoked people.

I've got afternoons Tuesday through Friday when I'm not doing homework, weekends, and more time after the semester ends (May). If you want to contribute time, stoke, or anything else to the effort, feel free to hit me up by PM or text (423-504-7813). If you have info to contribute to the spreadsheet, please feel free to do so. 

On the spreadsheet, please fill out columns A through C and column D if you have the information. If you end up replacing the bolt, please fill in columns E through I for future replacement efforts. Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T1M4e7FR9Uuml5G1h3_9VjMdmlFEZmIvVatDlqxgVPc/edit?usp=sharing

Gregger Man · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Aug 2004 · Points: 1,320
George Bracksieck · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 1,446

Please place only half-inch bolts in the sandstone. 

George Bracksieck wrote:

Please place only half-inch bolts in the sandstone. 

Why do you say that? I mean we are getting half-inch bolts from the ASCA, just curious why you think only half-inch bolts should be placed in the sandstone around here. There are plenty of 3/8" bolts up at East Animas.

George Bracksieck · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 1,446

The rock is too soft for 3/8. All of the previously placed 3/8-inchers don't justify more. 

bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Bolt replacement in Durango"