Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Front Range Climbing Stewards Now Hiring Crew Members

Original Post
Owen Silver · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2003 · Points: 70

2018 FRCS Crew – NOW HIRING

The Front Range Climbing Stewards are embarking on our 5th season and have a few positions to fill for the season.  If you are (or know of someone) interested in working on a professional trail crew dedicated to climbing stewardship please check out the job descriptions in the links below.

The three positions are a Level I, Level I (summer) and Level II crew members.  The Level I and Level II positions are for the entire season running April 1st through Nov. 23rd.  The Level I (summer) position is a summer position running May 1st through Aug. 16th with some flexibility on the schedule.  Both Level I positions are entry level while the Level II position requires some trailwork or equivalent experience.

Job Descriptions

If you are interested please send a resume, references and cover letter, specifically addressing your qualifications as related to the position, electronically to J.B. Haab, Program Director, FRCS:  frcsbcc@gmail.com.  Please write “2018 Front Range Climbing Stewards” in the subject line.

The FRCS is looking to hire an additional crew member immediately.  If you are interested in working on regional climbing areas and being a part of making our beloved resources more sustainable contact us.  We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic, have a desire to learn and who are quick on their feet.  

Our projects generally involve stone work on difficult terrain.  This entails serious physical challenges that require the crew to work as a team.  Rock quarrying, transportation, rigging, trail design and stone building are skills that you will hone or acquire in this position.  All levels of experience will be considered and we can provide a flexible schedule for the right candidate.  

Please see the job description for further details and how to apply.
http://boulderclimbers.org/what-does-bcc-do/trails/work-for-the-front-range-climbing-stewards/

2018 FRCS SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Volunteers: signup links are posted once available

• 3/19 to 3/31: Indian Creek, UT – work week in the Creek with Access Fund
  • 4/3 to 4/26: Gregory Canyon – weekday volunteeringSat 4/8 workday
  • 4/30 to 5/10: Boulder Canyon
  • 5/14 to 6/7: Upper Dream Canyon
  • 6/11 to 6/21: Third Flatiron
  • 6/25 to 7/8: Ten Sleep Canyon, WY
  • 7/9 to 8/16: Third Flatiron
  • 8/20 to 10/18: Clear Creek Canyon
  • 10/22 to 11/3: Indian Creek, UT
  • 11/5 to 11/16: Cathedral Spires