Mountain Project Logo

Left quad at Duncan's ridge

Original Post
Derick Page · · Ft Collins · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 35

I became that guy tonight and left without my anchor, 4 steel CAMP biners and the cord on Apples or Oranges. I plan to pick it up tomorrow, so feel free to let it be unless you really want to bring it to me.

BrokenChairs ~ · · Sultan, WA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 235
Derick Page wrote:

I became that guy tonight and left without my anchor, 4 steel CAMP biners 

A quad and four steel biners!! Were you belaying a truck?

It's the never want to think about the biners for the rest of my life, Duncan's special to go with the i don't want to carry a 60 meter cord so I have a short gym rope set up for that crag. And I could stand to lose some weight...

Derick Page wrote:

It's the never want to think about the biners for the rest of my life, Duncan's special to go with the i don't want to carry a 60 meter cord so I have a short gym rope set up for that crag. And I could stand to lose some weight...

Huh? Does a Duncan special come with fries?  

BrokenChairs BrettC wrote:

Huh? Does a Duncan special come with fries?  

Why do you think I need the steel biners and to lose some weight?

Derick Page wrote:

Why do you think I need the steel biners and to lose some weight?

Well played. 

Lessons learned. Somebody's the proud new owner of the heaviest quad/biner combo ever. If for some reason you want to return it to me message me here.

Preston · · fort collins,colorado · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 35

hahaha classic.....I have left Duncan's in a hurry several times  over the years in the dark and left my anchor. Last time I was there I was at the car then remembered and jogged back up to grab my gear. stoner shit however its easy to do if your top roping at this location 

Brendan Armesy · · Fort Collins CO · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 95

bummer! but yeah so many random people go up there and I think at most anchors you can just lean over the edge and grab it so someone might have spotted it

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Left quad at Duncan's ridge"