Mountain Project Logo

Rincon Mtns Beta request

Original Post
JD · · Southern AZ · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 95

Anyone have any beta on the climbing atop the Rincon Mountain range and willing to share, either privately or in this forum?

Thanks in advance for any info.

JD

timinthehouse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Other than the info listed here on MP, Bob Kerry's Backcountry rock climbing in Southern AZ guidebook has some info.

Scott M. McNamara · · Presidio San Augustine Del… · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 55

Paging Jeff M.

timinthehouse wrote:

Other than the info listed here on MP, Bob Kerry's Backcountry rock climbing in Southern AZ guidebook has some info.

I wish I had a copy. 

Don P. Morris · · Ventura, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 0

Well,Mica and Rincon Peak are both long walks (well worth it!).  Tanque Verde Peak is lower and somewhat closer - Great hikes!  I don't know if anyone has summited Helen's Dome...  Kerry mentions HD but doesn't know either.  He does discuss the Rincons North Side and Valley of the Moon.  If you ask me those are foothill climbing areas.

I have not been around the Tucson climbing scene in decades, and Kerry is also dated, so there must have been more development recently.

Sean Tropsa · · Draper, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 20

Link to So. AZ Backcountry guide:

http://climbaz.com/Backcountry/backcountry.html

Don P. Morris wrote:

Well,Mica and Rincon Peak are both long walks (well worth it!).  Tanque Verde Peak is lower and somewhat closer - Great hikes!  I don't know if anyone has summited Helen's Dome...  Kerry mentions HD but doesn't know either.  He does discuss the Rincons North Side and Valley of the Moon.  If you ask me those are foothill climbing areas.

I have not been around the Tucson climbing scene in decades, and Kerry is also dated, so there must have been more development recently.

I'm looking at the areas around Rincon Peak and HD and don't mind the long approaches. I have time and the means to develop if there's anything in my range. 

Thanks for the input!

Sean Tropsa wrote:

Link to So. AZ Backcountry guide:

http://climbaz.com/Backcountry/backcountry.html

Awesome, Appreciate it! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Rincon Mtns Beta request "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started