Mountain Project Logo

Advice? Vegas to Joshua Tree, Wednesday 3/8

Original Post
Amanda Hallowell · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

What's up, Mountain Project?

So, I'm home sick from work but can't keep sitting around the house. I've never been to Joshua Tree, is that a good spot for some bouldering and hiking? Easy to car camp? I'm renting a crash pad from UNLV 'til Sunday afternoon. Anyone wanna come along? 

Thanks for any insight! 

Amanda 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Amanda Hallowell wrote:

So, I'm home sick from work but can't keep sitting around the house. I've never been to Joshua Tree, is that a good spot for some bouldering and hiking? Easy to car camp? I'm renting a crash pad from UNLV 'til Sunday afternoon. Anyone wanna come along? 

Thanks for any insight! 

Amanda 

There's back country camping in JT, would require a tent or bivy, can't car camp in the park besides getting a legit campsite. Also, there's two cars allowed per campsite so you could make a quick friend and use the open spot.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
Amanda Hallowell wrote:

Thanks for any insight! 

Amanda 

If you show up in J-tree on a Wednesday like today you should be able to get a campsite. Thursday they'll be filling up by nighttime. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Advice? Vegas to Joshua Tree, Wednesday 3/8"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started