Mountain Project Logo

CONSISTENT - Climbing Partner Needed - looking to train 2-3 days a week. "movement denver"

Original Post
Michael Burnell · · Denver, CO · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 41

Hey Climber world, I'm in need of a new climbing partner. One of my old partners moved, one caught feelings (not looking to date my partners) and my two other "consistent" partners tend to have inconsistent schedules that make it impossible to work/plan with.  About me: Climbing a long time, Sport, Trad are what I like, not a huge fan of Bouldering. Like to get outside as much as possible typically have to stay in the front range (Shelf, Clear, Eldo) unless a trip is planned  . I'm a 32 year old male, 9-5, weekend warrior, with a lady and have a little human on the way, I have a limited schedule, trying not to fall out of climbing entirely and get a dad bod. I'm looking for someone that wants to get a consistent 2-3 day a week routine going and work on an ARC training methodology as laid out in the "the rock climbers training manual". I have a flexible schedule that allows me to work remotely when I want,  2 - 3 days a week so I can do 2 hour lunch time sessions (11-1 or 12 - 2 pm ) or early 6-9 am sessions. Movement is too damn busy at night, so I only want to plan around the morning/lunch sessions unless it's a Friday night as it seems less busy then. Partner doesn't have to be a "crusher". I max out at 5.12 when I'm in good shape, thus the reason I'm looking to train more, I want to break out of that plateau. Typically I sit in the 5.11 range lead. As long as you are a dialed belayer, I don't care what you climb and when we get outside, I'm totally fine getting on easier stuff as long as you're safe technically and down for mileage. So, if you are in a similar situation and want a training partner. Hit me up! Girl or Guy - don't care. Just want to get in and get strong!  

Noah Bergman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Michael, I would be super interested in joining you, unfortunately I'm in the Boulder area. If you ever need a belay for an outdoor trip I'd love to join. I'm a huge fan of trad multipitch and alpine climbing, solid 5.10 outdoor leader, but am working hard to bump that up. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "CONSISTENT - Climbing Partner Needed - looking…"