Mountain Project Logo

Boulder area Bromance/Teacher/Non-Moderate partner wanted

Original Post
Mr. Stevens · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 1,287

It's a problem as old as time, your regular partners fall out of touch.  Babies, moving, not wanted to climb as hard, or just not wanting to climb anymore.  Reaching out for a few good people to connect with.  Quality over quantity!

About me:  Breaking into 13's in sport, and have red-pointed several 12's on gear.  I love sport climbing, especially limestone, but my heart lies in big free routes.  I've done several grade IV's and V's throughout the country (Moonlight Buttress, Shune's Buttress, Original Beckey, Original Route, Astro Dog, Freeway, etc.) and have a big tick list of similar routes to do in my remaining years.  I don't consider myself a fast climber, but definitely steady and consistent.  I like safety; being alive and uninjured is a great thing.  I'm also a teacher, which means I have weekends free during the school months, as well as the typical breaks throughout the year.  I can get out after work pretty much every day of the week, and can be at most Boulder area spots and/or Clear Creek Canyon by 4-4:30.  Lastly, I'm a planner.  I like to make a plan, and I stick by that plan.  I am NOT a bailer, and I have a hard time with those who are.  I also can't do big groups (i.e. more than 3 people).  I like climbing with one other person, maybe a group of three if we're cragging.  If you and your partner want to climb with me and my partner, that's cool, but we all don't have to do the exact same thing.  Camping and hanging out is a different story...

Essentially just looking for a partner(s) who is psyched on the same things.  I'd love to find someone to work projects with, share beta, and swap leads on longer routes.  Places I'm looking to get out to more this spring are The Dungeon at Staunton State Park, The Flatirons, and Rifle (I still don't think I'm cool enough for it, but maybe soon?).  Honestly, just looking for a few more buddies to add to the circle of friends.  I've been in Boulder for 10 years and it amazes me how hard it is to to find good, consistent partners!

I also love mountain biking, trail running, backcountry skiing (I always keep that very mellow), and music.  I'm a guitarist of 20 years and love playing and seeing live music whenever I can.  

Boulder/Longmont/Golden/Denver, whatever, send me a message if you'd like to get out!

dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 55

sent you a pm, 29/M/Boulder looking for love too... wait what?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Boulder area Bromance/Teacher/Non-Moderate part…"
in the Colorado Partners