Mountain Project Logo

Women and climbing partners

Crag Hag · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 15
Bendon Arthar wrote: I love group climbing rather than a single one. This is interesting because of lots of guys together. 

Group climbing is the way to go... I mean, I prefer it. 

ChapelPondGirl · · Keene, NY · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 20
Em Cos wrote:

Yeah, thanks for that. ;) 

Em, we have a common friend I think.  Allison?  We were just talking about you tonight actually.  Ears ringing?

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
ChapelPondGirl wrote:

Em, we have a common friend I think.  Allison?  We were just talking about you tonight actually.  Ears ringing?

Yep, that's why I commented :) how are things up your way? Enjoying Sendtember?

To be fair you were on point about the prices... 
ChapelPondGirl · · Keene, NY · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 20

lol...Sendtember is still a little hot, although we are going up to the Spiders Web in the morning to crush some long standing projects!  Allison talks enough about you I feel like I need to meet you at some point!

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5

I've got a very comfy guest bed, come on out anytime!

And to bring it back around to the thread topic, let's hear it for cross-country women climbing partner connections! 

JanLL LL · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 5
Abbie R wrote:

I bookmarked this site a while ago - Alpenglow Collective - seems like a good resource for finding non-male partners where you live.

From their "About" page: 

"Alpenglow Collective is a connecting force for the women’s and trans climbing community. It is an inclusive platform where women, trans people, and gender non-conforming folks can connect, find climbing partners, and create lasting relationships. We strive to foster in-person mentorships within the climbing community and facilitate the transition from gym to crag."

I will check this out. I'm interested in finding more women to climb with. I'm 58. Seems difficult to find older women to climb with. Often, the younger ones seem to want younger partners. I love to climb and it is encouring and validating to see others like me out there ... and it would be great to have a couple more to climb with. 

Abbie R wrote:

I bookmarked this site a while ago - Alpenglow Collective - seems like a good resource for finding non-male partners where you live.

From their "About" page: 

"Alpenglow Collective is a connecting force for the women’s and trans climbing community. It is an inclusive platform where women, trans people, and gender non-conforming folks can connect, find climbing partners, and create lasting relationships. We strive to foster in-person mentorships within the climbing community and facilitate the transition from gym to crag."

lin murphy wrote: I climb in Boulder. Have several great guy partners; would like some women to climb with.  I am retired and can travel.

I'm in Albuquerque.  If you are in the neighborhood,  I will climb with you. I'm retired and love climbing with women near my age. It's a wonderful thing.

Lovena Harwood · · MA · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 400

When I first started climbing 8.5 years ago I only climbed with men. Only in the past few years have I started climbing with women, and today, I look to climb with women more often....but it's a struggle for me. I prefer to climb outdoors. I'm 59 and have climbed with younger women and love it! Some of them climb harder than me and it inspires me.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Women's Forum
Post a Reply to "Women and climbing partners"

There is ZERO tolerance for being a jerk in the Women's Forum.