For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Cumberland Trail Thru-Climb Sufferfest

Original Post
Chet Butterworth · · Chattanooga · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 435

Suppose I wanted to torture myself thru-hiking the Cumberland Trail and climbing at each crag along the way. Understanding that the trail is not yet complete, that there'd be a lot of bushwhacking, road walking, and suffering in general (all things I'm halfway decent at), what crags are along the way? 

I can think of Pot Point boulders, Suck Creek, Pep Boys boulders, Deep Creek, Big Soddy Gorge, Laurel Snow/Dayton Pocket, Black Mountain, the Obed, and Devil's Racetrack. 

Thoughts, comments, cries of disbelief? 

Trundle time · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I love this idea. Those areas are just a tiny bit of the climbing along the CT though. 

Chet Butterworth · · Chattanooga · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 435

Trundle, do tell! I'm sure we'll pass many a formation that'll make us pull out the rack and rope, but what other developed areas are there? Am I missing obvious/published crags? If you're not comfortable posting publicly, I understand. If you're not comfortable sharing privately, I'll just rock myself to sleep in the fetal position and hope to stumble across them. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Cumberland Trail Thru-Climb Sufferfest"
in the Southern States