Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Beginner trad climber looking for more partners

Original Post
John W · · Denver, CO · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 75

Hey everyone, I'm looking to meet some new partners.

I'm 21, and have been climbing for the past couple years and have recently gotten into trad climbing. My partner has unfortunately decided that trad is not for him, so I'm hoping to meet some new partners who would be down to climb with a newish trad climber. Hopefully someone who is safety oriented and more experienced than me. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm looking for a mentor, more just someone that I can gain experience with safely.

I've led up to 5.7 on gear so far but am willing to push myself on some harder stuff, and I can usually lead low .10s on bolts. Can follow up to 11s as well.

I have a small rack (bd stoppers 2-13 w/ doubles of 6/7/8/9, some hexes, set of bd camalots .5 - 3, quickdraws and alpine draws, picking up some mastercams soon).

I don't have a vehicle right now but am willing to RTD/uber to the most convenient meeting spot, and can pay for gas, buy coffee/drinks/lunch as well. Until I can get a new car I'm stuck to the closer crags to Denver like CCC, N table mnt, Eldo (haven't been there yet but just got a guidebook, hoping to go soon), Boulder canyon, flatirons, etc.

I'm reached easiest by texting me at 72o.5o2.8378.

Thanks!

John

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Beginner trad climber looking for more partners"
in the Colorado Partners