Mountain Project Logo

How to fix route location ?

Original Post
Ģnöfudør Ðrænk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 2

For these areas in particular

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/108802876/side-canyon-south-rim

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/105828720/wine-and-roses

The map location is nowhere near the route (roughly 10 miles off for the first one and approximately one mile on the second).  What's the process to fix it?

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,249
Ģnöfudør Ðrænk wrote:

The map location is nowhere near the route (roughly 10 miles off for the first one and approximately one mile on the second).  What the process to fix it?

At the top right corner of the route page there is a link to "Improve this page".  Just click on that and provide the correct gps coordinates and the admin can update it.

Ģnöfudør Ðrænk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 2

So having done that a couple months ago, I got a message saying the changes are approved, but the locations haven't changed and are still wrong.  Are the changes just in a very long que or some other story?

Chris C. · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 337
Ä¢nöfudør Ðrænk wrote: So having done that a couple months ago, I got a message saying the changes are approved, but the locations haven't changed and are still wrong.  Are the changes just in a very long que or some other story?

It’s up the the page admin to manually enter the changes in. I think a lot of admins press “accept changes” but don’t realize they have to go back and edit the page manually...? 

I really wish the pages were more wiki style. The whole change process is a little strange here. (Obviously that is a lot of work to change so not really a serious “request” on my part.) 
Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,406

We're actually working on a totally new system to address "Page Improvements".  In the mean time, If you want to PM me the correct location for that area, I can fix it manually.

Chris C. · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 337
Nick Wilder wrote: We're actually working on a totally new system to address "Page Improvements".  In the mean time, If you want to PM me the correct location for that area, I can fix it manually.

Excited!! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "How to fix route location ?"
in the Help