For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

WTB - 42.5 climbing shoes for beginner

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Christine Gregg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

So, I've been bitten by the climbing bug. I'm looking to get some used shoes I can put some tear into as I learn instead of continuing to rent. I tried on some Women's La Sportiva Tarantulace the other day and those fit great at 42.5. So far I've been renting Women's 11's from the gym I go to. 

If you have a pair of old shoes lying about you'd like to get rid of in this size, let me know. I'll be using them primarily in the gym, and am hoping to start venturing outdoors when things warm up. Naturally, I'm looking to keep expenses low starting out, and this seems like the best option :)

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,790
Christine Gregg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Those may be a bit tight (and perhaps wide by the look?) for me, but thanks for sharing as an option @Gunkiemike.

Z Winters · · Mazama, WA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 220

Just posted a pair of Tenaya Masai here: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114096982/fs-misc-harware-draws-nuts-biners-belay-devices-pulley-tenaya-rock-shoes-ms-and-

They're size 44, but I wear a 42.5 in most La Sportiva shoes and 44 in these. A bit on the narrow side for what that's worth. Let me know if you're interested or have questions.

Aidan Raviv · · South Pasadena, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 100

I have a size 43 Sportiva gym shoe that is narrow but longer than I wanted. Also a pair of sportiva finales in a 42 but fairly broken in. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "WTB - 42.5 climbing shoes for beginner"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.