Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Offwidth Parter/Mentor

Original Post
Carlo Dagondon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

Me: 33/m/Temecula. Climbing gumby with an obsession for the wide. Has climbed from 5.5-5.9 OW (notable climbs: Dolphin in J- Tree, Pratt’s Crack in Pine Creek). 

You: a fellow wide crack climber willing to teach your ways and, overall, flail/trash/grovel/curse up some OWs  Because finding someone to climb OWs with is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I call J-Tree my “home crag”, I have weekends off, and I got a sweet rack with some big stuff. 

Michael Sammartino · · Eagle, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Hey man,

I'm heading to Tree from Colorado for the next ten days or so and I dig the wide! Probably not a good mentor, as I'm still figuring out the logistics of leading 5.10+/5.11 OW pitches, but I've climbed up to 5.10. If you wanna climb the wide next weekend, I'll be around. Spent a few days in Vedauwoo and all fall in the Creek so I'm itching for some cracks...the wider the better!

Carlo Dagondon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

Nice! Next weekend as in 24/25 or 3/4? I can potentially come up for the day the 24th. If the weekend after the whole weekend. I climbed in Vedauwoo myself for a few days...love that place. Hope to go back this may. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for Offwidth Parter/Mentor"
in the Southern California Partners