Mountain Project Logo

FS: High-top conversion van, CA reg.

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
astralincoln · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

Selling my much-beloved Teal Whale after a happy 30,000 miles together. (& open to trades: looking to downsize to an AWD/4WD, fuel efficient Subaru, Element or truck). I've lived in this van year-round and have loved every moment of it, but have reached the point in every dirtbag's life in which I've found a spot to call home <3 This van deserves a better human who will love it and live in it more than I can!

Specs:

2000 Ford E-350 with a permanent high top conversion (the van was originally a handicap transport vehicle used in the Central Valley, CA. Relics of its former life include the now-disconnected control panel for an ancient hydraulic-lift; I can't reach the final screw to remove the panel, but it's small). 

115,000 miles, of which 30,000 have been mine. V8 engine, RWD with all terrain tires. Rear tires are the highest-end all terrain tires and were purchased 1/18 and have had roughly 10,000 miles driven on them. Regularly rotated. The engine has been regularly serviced. In the last year or so, I've replaced the brake pads, had the spark plugs redone (this model is known for spark plug issues and so I had all of mine replaced as soon as I bought it), all new hoses, new battery, and the fluids have been regularly flushed. I've also done yearly full-service tune ups. Mechanics are consistently impressed with the quality of this engine, considering its age. It gets about 18mpg in warm, flat highway conditions; somewhat less in very cold, mountains, and city-driving conditions. Handles magnificently in snow and ice; last year, I drove it around in the Eastern Sierra's coldest/snowiest winter in recent history and only needed chains two or three times. It's so heavy it handles as though it has AWD, with the fuel efficiency of a 2WD vehicle.

The two cons, mechanically speaking, are:

1. The heater core blew in 2017. I had it bypassed rather than replaced, and had the replacement quoted at $600 (in Mammoth Lakes, where repairs are typically 50-100% more expensive than in urban centers).

2. The driver's side seat belt has a broken connection, and so the seat belt light beeps for the first several minutes when the engine is started. I've had the seatbelt safety-tested and both passed.

Dimensions of the "living" space are roughly 6' tall x 5.5' wide x 11.5' long from the end of the seats. I have plywood wood panelling painted white, with fiberglass and 2-layer reflectix insulation, as well as internal and external window sealant. I have spent winters in it where every night has been below freezing and often well below 0 without any problems. Floor has reflectix insulation and dark wood-toned laminate floors. All of the wood used in the construction was recycled/repurposed materials, and the build out is bolted through the floor of the van. 

Bed is roughly a full-size memory foam mattress and very comfortably sleeps two. It's just a few inches shy of 6' long, but my partner and I are both 5'10" and fit comfortably together.

I have a 400W goal zero solar generator and solar panel, both in excellent condition, and a 10 gal tank and propane heater and two burner stove that will come with the van. The van currently has LED string lights, and there are dome lights wired through the engine battery.

The windows have a full-dark tint and black-out, insulating curtains.  

The van is currently in Mammoth Lakes, CA. Asking $8000 OBO. <3

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

PM Sent

SeƱor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10
melissa glantz · · New york · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 0

Hi!! Is your van still available ?!

Spencer Brady · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

dang... wish that bed was a few inches longer...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "FS: High-top conversion van, CA reg."

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.