Mountain Project Logo

Climbing florinanopolis and brazil

Original Post
Cameron Johnson · · Seattle, Wa · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hello, I'm an American in Florianopolis Brazil from February 2018, until March 2018 looking for a climbing partner. Wanting to take some trips (hoping to go to peru, chile, and maybe another place in brazil) but will be using Floripa as my hope base. Can speak Portuguese. I have a full trad rack, draws, slings, harness, shoes etc. but I was not able to bring my rope. I lead climb trad in the 5.9 to 10.a range, and sport climb in the 10.b to 10.c range. not big into bouldering, but willing to go if that means I can get on some rock. Mostly like big multi pitch routes and craging around. Let me know if you're interested. 

cameron  

Thomas Martin · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 65

Hey Cameron, I am flying in to Rio around March 20th. Will you be in the area to do a bit of climbing? 

Cameron Johnson · · Seattle, Wa · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Thomas, I wont be able to make it to Rio during that time, but I am headed to cochamo chile on march 25 - april 7. Any chance you would want to head over there? 

Cameron

Thomas Martin · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 65

I won't be available for Cochamo. But to share my experience. I went a few years back around that time and climbed about 7 longer routes in 10 days. then the rain came and we got skunked a lot. So if that happens definitely check out Los Arenales. It is easy and cheap to get to. Best place I have ever climbed! Good luck and enjoy the climbing!

Cheers!

Rob D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 5

I found Brazil to be better for bouldering than sport but I don't have a lot of info really. For crags, topos and everything else check: https://27crags.com/countries/brazil

or use the "Browse Map" feature there to see the crags laid out on a map.

Brian Barrow · · Menlo Park · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Cameron and party. I'm planning a trip to Brazil and curious if you were able to sync up with any local climbers in Floripa/Rio?

Cheers,
Brian

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Climbing florinanopolis and brazil"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started