Mountain Project Logo

Los Angeles - Joshua Tree

Original Post
Adrien La Russa · · Los Angeles · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, so i will start here. I would like to go to Joshua Tree in order to rope climb/bouldering.

I'm french, it's been 10 month since i have started climbing in gym, mostly in French gym. Now, i'm in California to study at UCLA, but i also would like to enjoy all the climbing spot california has to offer.

I'm a beginner in rope climbing and i have nothing apart from my harnest and shoes, i hope this will not stop you from sharing a trip with me. 

Does anyone will be kind enough to bring me from Los Angeles to Joshua Tree (or anywhere else for that matters, i will be happy to discover any kind of place you have to show me) on one of his/her trip on week end.

My point is that I would like, as a beginner, to discover as much kind of climbing as I can. My level, again at gym, in boulder is around v4-v5, and in rope climbing 5.10c-5.11a.

I'm available starting Friday afternoon (1pm) until Tuesday all the week.

Let me know. Thank your for reading.

Happiegrrrl · · Gunks · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 60

You do need to have a park pass to use the free shuttle into the park, which you can purchase at the Visitor Center in Joshua Tree.

Adrien La Russa · · Los Angeles · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Thank you for all the info ! 

But my big problem is to get to Joshua tree ! It is the same for Palm Springs ! In that case I will rent a car from Los Angeles directly to JTNP.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Los Angeles - Joshua Tree"