Mountain Project Logo

Gravity vault Poughkeepsie/moonboard

Original Post
donaldmike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Maybe this isn’t the place to ask this question but I’m wondering about the ins and outs of moon boards? If I was to download the app can it be applicable to a public moonboard such as that at gravity vault Poughkeepsie? I read the app description and it gave no insight. Cheers. 

LindsayH · · Kingston, NY · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 55

Download the app so you can set up your own account, find problems, and track your ticks. The Gravity Vault setup allows one device to be connected via bluetooth at a time if you want to utilize the LED lights. So if a bunch of people are taking turns on the board, it might be a hassle to keep switching connected devices. Or you can just look up problems on your own phone and try them without the lights lit up. 

DRusso · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 740

My experience with moonboard etiquette  so far is that at people are usually willing to share a phone and swap problems back and forth. I have seen some people use setting tape to mark the climb they are working on so someone else can use the lights and then just remove the tape when you are done before you leave for the day.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Gravity vault Poughkeepsie/moonboard "