Mountain Project Logo

Partners in Boulder

Original Post
Greg Daughtry · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

Hey Kids,

I'm a long time Boulder resident, climbing for 25+ years but fell off the wagon the last few years (I'm 47).  Trying to get back into it in a big way - and currently available for climbing pretty much full time.  

I'm soft now but I have a decent amount of experience in bouldering, sport, trad and alpine.  Psych is high and judgement is low, I ain't got time for hyper-aggro.  Ladies, don't be shy - I'm well rounded - not just looking for testosterone fueled dude-ventures.  I don't care how hard you climb - grades matter little - pulling down is cool not matter where we are at.  

Looking for partners for:

Movement Boulder:  Pretty much every other week I'm here and available during the day for the foreseeable future.

Hueco Tanks - 3/5-3/11 probly staying at Hacienda or Gleatherlands (have a small RV)

Front Range Bouldering - looking to get into a crew

Roy, NM

Buttermilks and Happy Boulders

Rifle, Shelf, Eldo, RMNP, Moab (when it warms)

Hit me up.

Alexandra Kolla · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Greg,

I just moved to boulder with my fiancé. He mostly sport climbs, and I mostly boulder so I am looking for more people to Boulder with in the front range. In fact, I wanted to get outside tomorrow (Sunday) Feb 18 for a full or half day, let me know if that interests you.

I am also super interested in going back to the Buttermilks some time soon (I used to live in SF) as well as Hueco.

thanks!

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50

Greg, 

I'm heading back to Boulder from the East Coast in a few weeks and there is a good chance I'll be passing through some of those places you list in March and early April. I'm usually around Movement during the day also. I am highly motivated to both sport climb and boulder. 

Oh, and maybe we are related, haha. Have any family from North Carolina? We at least share the same somewhat uncommon last name. 

Hey NCD,

I was born and raised in Johnston County and went to NCSU for undergrad and grad school.  Yep, we're probly related - at least dog-kin!  I'll shoot you a pm.

Thanks for reachin' out!

NCD wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

I sent you a pm - let's try and get out this week.  Planning a trip to Hueco the first full week of March, at least strongly hoping.

Alexandra Kolla wrote:

Hey Greg,

I just moved to boulder with my fiancé. He mostly sport climbs, and I mostly boulder so I am looking for more people to Boulder with in the front range. In fact, I wanted to get outside tomorrow (Sunday) Feb 18 for a full or half day, let me know if that interests you.

I am also super interested in going back to the Buttermilks some time soon (I used to live in SF) as well as Hueco.

thanks!

Tim Meehan · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 285

Sent you a PM

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50
Greg Daughtry wrote:

Hey NCD,

I was born and raised in Johnston County and went to NCSU for undergrad and grad school.  Yep, we're probly related - at least dog-kin!  I'll shoot you a pm.

Thanks for reachin' out!

Greg, the fathers side of my family is from Sampson Country and Johnston Country. Several of them attended UNC Chapel Hill. There has to be a connection between us but it probably was awhile back.

Gavin Andrew · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hi, I'm out in Boulder for 10 days from the 22nd May from Scotland. I'd like to get a climb in on the Flatiorns.
I'll just have my harness and rock shoes with me.
Any help?? 

sara pax · · western mass/traveling · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 224

Hey!
I'm pretty new to Boulder and have been looking for cool folks to climb with. I split my time between trad, sport, and boulders and am looking for partners/crews for any and all. Right now I've been trying to get on a rope on weekends, and get out to the boulders an evening or two a week after work. I'd be psyched though to mix that up a bit, especially when the boulders in rmnp come into season. Oh! I have all day Tuesdays free now too..

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Partners in Boulder"