Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

What are these ice tools?

Original Post
swaghole · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

Not my toys but does anyone know what these Charlet Moser tools are called?  From back when ergo was not.  

I thought they were called Captain Hooks or something but didn't find anything on Google.

Aaron T · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Looks like Charlet tools with Trango Madame Hook handles. The handle in his left hand says Trango.

Madame Hook tools

ChrisMurphy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

they look quite a bit like Simond Coyote axes

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,464
Aaron T wrote:

Looks like Charlet tools with Trango Madame Hook handles. The handle in his left hand says Trango.

Madame Hook tools

This is just one day late, but still.

The Charlet Moser axes were a cool idea .They could be dis-assembled into 'components'; short shafts, light weight,  they would fit into a shoe box. This was Ideal for traveling. Somewhere in the mid '90s, when  these tools came out, I bought a pair, stripped them down into travel mode and shipped them as a valentines day gift to my girlfriends Office.

I'll try to add some pix

Mike Palasek · · Columbus, OH · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0

Those are Charley Moser Pulsars with Trango handles.

swaghole · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0
Michael Schneider wrote:

This is just one day late, but still.

The Charlet Moser axes were a cool idea .They could be dis-assembled into 'components'; short shafts, light weight,  they would fit into a shoe box. This was Ideal for traveling. Somewhere in the mid '90s, when  these tools came out, I bought a pair, stripped them down into travel mode and shipped them as a valentines day gift to my girlfriends Office.

I'll try to add some pix

Nice to see I'm not the only one to think ice tools are a perfectly acceptable Valentine's day gift.  I surprised my wife with new Raptors a few years ago on Valentines.  

Dena Eaton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I'd be happy as a clam if someone gave me a set of axes for v-day! 

Just Solo · · Colorado Springs · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 80
swaghole wrote:

Nice to see I'm not the only one to think ice tools are a perfectly acceptable Valentine's day gift.  I surprised my wife with new Raptors a few years ago on Valentines.  

Bang for the buck... (no pun intended) the Raptors are an awesome tool.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "What are these ice tools?"
in the Ice Climbing