Mountain Project Logo

Everest

Original Post
French Free · · Bivouac · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 5

I want to one up honnold and free solo mt everest. I can tope rope 5.10 in the gym and just recently bought some clips from MEC and the book Training for Alpinism by Steve Jobs. I think i know how they get the rope up there. How long do you think before i am ready? Anyone with experience please help. Also, I am looking for vegan/gluten free expedition meals to fuel me. I will do this climb all without an oxygen or water can

Chris C. · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 337

You’ll be fine. Just make sure to hire a discount operator. 

Chris C. wrote:

You’ll be fine. Just make sure to hire a discount operator. 

Thank you for the kind words friend. I will onsight the mother godess for you

David A · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 355

The real question is what solar panels for charging your devices are you planning on bringing (you will be updating Intsa/twitter/snapchat regularly, right!?!) I'm pretty sure they have 4G up there...

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

If you follow Steve Jobs' advice, you will be fine. You will be getting advice from the horse's mouth. He invented high-altitude climbing. And apples. Remember, "An Apple a Day..."

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 35

User name checks out.

Kevin Mcbride · · Canmore AB · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 160

This guy topropes 14d and his favourite climb is the eiger nordwand, seems legit...

Also yer gonna die

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 13,321

Reinhold Messner beat you to it, in 1980, without supplemental oxygen.

Kevin Mcbride wrote:

This guy topropes 14d and his favourite climb is the eiger nordwand, seems legit...

Also yer gonna die

Yes I am tope rope climber. Climb 5.14d dans le haute chic lycra pour les femmes 

Benjamin Chapman wrote:

Reinhold Messner beat you to it, in 1980, without supplemental oxygen.

But did he have water can?

FrankPS wrote:

If you follow Steve Jobs' advice, you will be fine. You will be getting advice from the horse's mouth. He invented high-altitude climbing. And apples. Remember, "An Apple a Day..."

Steve job grimper le rupal face de nanga parbat

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
French Free wrote:

Steve job grimper le rupal face de nanga parbat

I can see you've done your homework.

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,464

FF?( could stand for any number of names to be called by)

Hey,? ya'know Everyone has one

just 'cause you have 1 too, doesn't give you license to be one 
Michael Schneider wrote:

FF?( could stand for any number of names to be called by)

Hey,? ya'know Everyone has one

just 'cause you have 1 too, doesn't give you license to be one 

What a beautiful line up superb rock. What is the grade?

Josh Kautz · · Hopkins, MN · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

If you're going to be climbing Everest you're definitely going to want to watch the movie Everest (2015) [PG-13 | 2h 1min] several times first to learn the beta. You sound like a very proficient climber who has done their research but so was I and I surprisingly wasn't able to finish. Believe it or not, I can bench press 185 lbs, I have all the best gear, I can hold my breath for over a minute, but that all stuff combined still wasn't enough when it came to the hiking Mount Everest. I'm even an ice climber too for pete's sake! It's something about the altitude - it truly is the great equalizer between excellent climbers like ourselves and normal climbers. When I was near the summit I shed all my winter gear as it was weighing me down and making it difficult to breathe, but the cost of doing this is that you get colder, so you have to find a good balance. I have extremely good genes as my dad was in the military but when the bad weather comes in sometimes you just can't do anything about it. I don't have any advice about being vegan or gluten-free but I think you're going to need to get lots of lightweight, high calorie foods that fit with your health/lifestyle choices. Additionally, I'm sure you're plenty comfortable with your climbing commands from all of the TR experience you have at the gym, but do not forget your commands to make sure you're on belay when you're out on the mountain; the stakes are much higher. Definitely don't let my past failures influence you because honestly I'll probably see you up at the top when you make your ascent.

Josh Kautz wrote:

If you're going to be climbing Everest you're definitely going to want to watch the movie Everest (2015) [PG-13 | 2h 1min] several times first to learn the beta. You sound like a very proficient climber who has done their research but so was I and I surprisingly wasn't able to finish. Believe it or not, I can bench press 185 lbs, I have all the best gear, I can hold my breath for over a minute, but that all stuff combined still wasn't enough when it came to the hiking Mount Everest. I'm even an ice climber too for pete's sake! It's something about the altitude - it truly is the great equalizer between excellent climbers like ourselves and normal climbers. When I was near the summit I shed all my winter gear as it was weighing me down and making it difficult to breathe, but the cost of doing this is that you get colder, so you have to find a good balance. I have extremely good genes as my dad was in the military but when the bad weather comes in sometimes you just can't do anything about it. I don't have any advice about being vegan or gluten-free but I think you're going to need to get lots of lightweight, high calorie foods that fit with your health/lifestyle choices. Additionally, I'm sure you're plenty comfortable with your climbing commands from all of the TR experience you have at the gym, but do not forget your commands to make sure you're on belay when you're out on the mountain; the stakes are much higher. Definitely don't let my past failures influence you because honestly I'll probably see you up at the top when you make your ascent.

Just timed myself. I can hold my breath for almost 2 minutes. You better start training. Ill see you at the top. Also, I plan to do it in lycra. That is le haute chic

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Everest"
in the Mountaineering