Mountain Project Logo

Gun Club-fresh rock fall

Original Post
Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1

Went to the GC on sunday and saw this...

numerous large blocks have fallen off the middle wall on the rightside(north wall).. the creosote bushes are completely destroyed where the rocks hit the ground. 

Leslie H · · Keystone · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 415

You PURPOSELY went to Gun Club even though it didn't rain the day before???  But seriously, were any routes impacted?

frank minunni · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined May 2011 · Points: 95

Now that's funny!

Leslie McG wrote:

You PURPOSELY went to Gun Club even though it didn't rain the day before???  But seriously, were any routes impacted?

Lol.... while I agree that the gun club sux, it does have its charm as well.... plus I was in the zoo all day sat.( u should try “all that jazz”... it’s an interesting climb) 

Heres a pic where I circled the area I think it fell from(but I’m not for sure, it’s the only spot that looked somewhat fresh) and the x is a bolt on the route....however most people make the moves sorta out to the right in that section so I don’t think it was someone climbing... but def don’t know for sure. I also thought that it might be kids pushing them from the top as the area is easy to access. 

Big B wrote:

( u should try “all that jazz”... it’s an interesting climb) 

All That Jazz in the hills or is there another All That Jazz I dont know about? SOOOOO good. Apparently it can be done as 1 pitch on a 70, but we did it in 3 pitches on a 60m. 

I am HEARTBROKEN about the Gun Club lines, though. I might even leave work early due to my grief!! HAHAHA!

Yeah the one in calico. pretty fun right, (I def smiled when I clipped the first bolt above the thin gear on p2)

Big B wrote:

Yeah the one in calico. pretty fun right, (I def smiled when I clipped the first bolt above the thin gear on p2)

Yeah the secret one that you jut told all of MP about!!!  Fun climb, but still can't figure out how to do it all in 1 pitch lol. 

Leslie McG wrote:

Yeah the secret one that you jut told all of MP about!!!  Fun climb, but still can't figure out how to do it all in 1 pitch lol. 

hows it a secret?...its been around for years and its on mp 

Big B wrote:

hows it a secret?...its been around for years and its on mp 

LMAO...it's not in the book, which surprised the heck out of all of us.

Leslie McG wrote:

LMAO...it's not in the book, which surprised the heck out of all of us.

its in handren2

Big B wrote:

its in handren2

Is it? It's not in the latest which is the one I own. 

It’s under a different name...btw, you cant do it  all in one pitch, it takes 2...you can do it as  1& 2-3 or 1-2 & 3... w/ a 70m. 

edit: u get my txt?

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175

Nevada Gumby Party?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Gun Club-fresh rock fall"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started