For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Watch Out - Ebay scam / counterfeit

Nick Hatch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
Chris C. wrote:

lol DMM needs to cut their contract with their manufacturer ASAP

That would get messy. 

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

I reported a guy for selling fake Arcteryx hoody’s on EBay. Dude drunk texted me every six months for like a year and half.

beensandbagged · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10
Bill Kirby wrote:

I reported a guy for selling fake Arcteryx hoody’s on EBay. Dude drunk texted me every six months for like a year and half.

That's pretty funny, no good deed goes unpunished.

bttrrtRock Charles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

Listing removed.

Rob Wilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hi All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  There are a couple of issues from the thread that need commenting on:

1 These are not DMM carabiners and we have no affiliation with this company.  Whilst we acknowledge some companies will take a concept and expand on it on a positive way, they have shamelessly copied the design of one of our most innovative products and knowingly sell them as a cheaper alternative.  The DMM revolver is hot forged and our logo is part of the forging and not lasered on afterwards so authentic Revolvers should be easy to spot.

2 We proudly manufacture all of our hardware here in North Wales, UK in our ISO 9001 compliant factory so severing our ties with our manufacturer WOULD indeed be messy

Anthony L · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25
Rob Wilson wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  There are a couple of issues from the thread that need commenting on:

1 These are not DMM carabiners and we have no affiliation with this company.  Whilst we acknowledge some companies will take a concept and expand on it on a positive way, they have shamelessly copied the design of one of our most innovative products and knowingly sell them as a cheaper alternative.  The DMM revolver is hot forged and our logo is part of the forging and not lasered on afterwards so authentic Revolvers should be easy to spot.

2 We proudly manufacture all of our hardware here in North Wales, UK in our ISO 9001 compliant factory so severing our ties with our manufacturer WOULD indeed be messy

Dmm is seriously some of the best stuff on the market. Glad to see this fake shit got taken down!

Greg R · · Durango CO · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0
Anthony Lubetski wrote:

Dmm is seriously some of the best stuff on the market. Glad to see this fake shit got taken down!

Agree with your statement about DMM, and glad this guy removed his listing, but the Chinese company is going to keep producing this crap. There may be patent infringements but they don't claim it to be DMM so buyer beware, they are making a bunch of copycat hardware. 

bttrrtRock Charles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

DMM has awesome stuff I'll second that! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Watch Out - Ebay scam / counterfeit"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion