Mountain Project Logo

Grivel G20 and Scarpa F1 interface

Original Post
Matt Zia · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 142

Picked up a pair of F1's this season and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a good crampon toe bail fit with the G20's. I tried putting them on but the standard toe bail on the G20's isn't wide enough and I can't find a pair of wider Grivel bails in their accessories/replacement parts catalog, either on the Grivel website or Liberty Mountain (granted both websites are borderline impossible to navigate and do a proper search).

I've had good luck before with the wide BD toe bails, but the wire doesn't fit into the adjustment holes on the G20's. Besides just taking an angle grinder to the BD toe bails, anyone have any other ideas? I know folks run G20s with ski boots, so there's got to be a solution out there.

alpinejason · · Minneapolis · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 175

http://www.libertymountain.com/products/6851/NTN10015/grivel-crampon-spare-parts

Not sure about the various toe bails but this is all the spare crampon parts at Lib Mountain in one convenient place. 

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,800

Just drill/file the hole in the crampon a tiny bit bigger. It doesn't take much to get the BD bail in there.

AlpineIce · · Upstate, NY · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 255

Grivel's website blows

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Ice Climbing
Post a Reply to "Grivel G20 and Scarpa F1 interface"