Mountain Project Logo

I need new climbing friends around Phillu

Original Post
BGNJ Gardner · · pine hill · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hey guys I've been climbing for about 5 years.  I lead trad 5.5 follow 5.8.  I was leading sport 5.8 following 5.9 before my wife got hurt and than gave birth to our beautiful son!  Anyway I found as few guys to climb with but they never come out more then twice a year and only for Ice or alpine,  and in that area I have very little experience so I get left out.  With that being said I am looking for climbing partners that will actually climb rock,  hike,  winter camp,  learn ice climbing, and learn alpine in the South Jersey/Philly area.

Tony K · · Pa · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hey you are welcome to join us ( myself 34 plus years climbing . My son 24 years climbing ( old school climbers) and my son in law and niece both novice) local climbing done at High Rock and Mt Tammany and will be adding Safe Harbor as we no longer climb at Birdboro. Ice climbing at The Narrows, Dingmans and Ricketts Glen  we also venture up to the Dacks and Mt Washington when we can  

if you are interested I will keep you posted when we are heading out 

Tony

Tony thank you.  I'm 35 a new father and 100% interested.  Do you guys do any Gunks climbing?  I try to get up there as much as possible.  Where are you located? 

Josh Gates · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1

Haven't been up to the Gunks, but get out to Birdsboro and Safe Harbor a fair amount, Chickie's Rock, too. Hit me up when you're thinking about going.

Josh Gates send me your contact info 

Tony K · · Pa · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Gunks not so much last time up there it was a zoo 

we are in far northeast philly

OK well keep me posted on getting out

brianszero · · southampton, new jersey · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

I climb in the Gunks almost every other weekend once winter breaks. Safe harbor and the bird once a season but otherwise for some real rock, Gunks it is..

Brianzero send me your contact info!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "I need new climbing friends around Phillu"
in the Northeastern States