Mountain Project Logo

Feb 9 2018 multiple car break ins at black velvet parking.

Original Post
adam Happensack · · seneca rocks · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 113

Hey all, just wanted to let the community know that there were 4 cars broken into in the black velvet parking lot. 3 other parties and my friends vehicle.

We showed up at the lot around 1030am and returned around 3-330. I'm sure the thieves know people aren't in the lot mid day since people are on bikes/climbing during mid day hours.

The windows were smashed out with rocks and all of the cars were torn up inside. most cars appeared to have sustained other body damage from the rocks too.

Most seemed to have valuables still present and the thieves were looking for cash and wallets since certain items weren't touched.

I only talked to a few of the other vehicle owners so I don't know what else may have been taken. 

Other cars were present in the lot and had no damage or break in so it is hard to say what the thieves were targeting.

To all future users of black velvet, remember to take anything and everything out of your vehicle if you don't plan to take it to the crag. 

I have also been leaving my windows down and doors unlocked since my car is empty when I go there in order to keep my windows in tact.

Sorry to those who sustained damage, it is such a major headache.

stay safe out there

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Feb 9 2018 multiple car break ins at black velv…"
in the Nevada