Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Information on Squire Creek Walls

Original Post
BrokenChairs BrettC · · Sultan, WA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 235

In September my friend and I climbed on Illusion Wall (Darrington Area) and when we topped out we noticed this beautiful wall behind it. 48.198200, -121.651217

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the wall or knows if there are routes or any current development being done.  There is nothing on MP or in Blake H's book.  

Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 471

Following for info. 

Kyle Elliott · · Everett, WA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 505

Judging from the GPS, looks like you're referencing the rock above and left of chicken shit gully and dick ridge? It gets climbed occasionally but from my knowledge there are no modern (non-run out and not buttonhead protected) routes up there.

BrokenChairs BrettC · · Sultan, WA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 235

Kyle it does sound that that is the wall I'm referencing.  https://web.stanford.edu/~clint/squirecw/index.htm

"no modern (non-run out and not buttonhead protected) routes up there". Sounds like some good character building. 

Anthony L · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25

Commenting to stay with this. 

Character building indeed. Typical D town. I think getting over to the south side base can be the crux. 

Eric Thompson · · Mountlake Terrace wa · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 125

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/topic/89650-tr-squire-creek-wall-skeena26-iii-59-fa-9172012/

My gf and I were up last year, there is a trail and finding it is almost mandatory to get to chicken shit gully. Dave's route is fun as hell and well bolted although rock fall has damaged some hangers.  Above this is Salish ridge with the old jet fighter crash and a classic called Flight of the Falcons on Salish Peak. Center stage on roan wall can be linked with flight of the Falcons on Salish peak. 

Curt Veldhuisen · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 591

The Skeena route alluded to in the previous post is a good one. There is a good trail, but no beta on line (we had to stumble upon it). Beta in this valley is highly variable. Where absent on MP, most will be found mining old posts on CascadeClimbers.com. Embrace the exploration, its worth it!

Andrew Davidson · · Everett, WA · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,256

Cascade Climbers is a good start, I'll give you a lead, crazedmaniac aka "Zippy" Chris had a lot of pictures on the server with some quite interesting descriptions if you could follow his train of thought, plus a good portion of he previous travels on that wall.  But since the site's recent overhaul I haven't had any luck finding them again.

bernard wolfe · · birmingham, al · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 170

following.....

Regarding CC, some of the pages cannot be found on the site search, but try google searching a keyword (squire creek wall, for example) followed by "site:cascadeclimbers.com" (no spaces, and without the quotes) 

Daniel Coltrane · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2010 · Points: 466

Primal Scream

Eric Thompson · · Mountlake Terrace wa · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 125

off white · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 225

a new trip report search tool has been added at cascade climbers. I ran a quick search on "squire" and got 4 pages of hits. Here's the TR search tool: http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/tripreport

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for Information on Squire Creek Walls"
in the Pacific Northwest