For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

CEUSE, FRANCE May/June 2018 Partner needed!

Original Post
Jun Lee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I am planning a trip to climb in Ceuse this coming May/June and would love to climb with an awesome partner/s!!

Looking to lead. I have sent a couple 5.12a's outdoors, working on 12d's indoors. But happy to belay any skill level and provide plenty of stoke. I have a 70m rope, 18 draws, stick clip, cleaning gear, etc etc. Also am a photographer so can get dope shots of your sends!

Length and exact dates of the trip are still pretty up in the air. Hit me up if you're interested!

Emma Ransome · · Birmingham, UK · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I may be interested in this if dates pan out...

Haley Barnhill · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hey! I am planning on going to Europe this summer as well specifically France and Italy. I want to climb and backpack and camp and such. The only place I’ve had in mind so far is Mont Blanc. I can lead 5.8 as of right now but I can top rope 5.10 but surely by summer I’ll have made some progress.

Will Maness · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 25

It’d be nice to have partners ahead of time, but there’ll be no shortage of people to climb with there that time of year. Camp at Les Geurins and make friends!

Jun Lee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

@Will Maness, that's a great idea! Is Le Geurins where most ppl set up camp to climb in Ceuse? And how populated would it be around July?

Will Maness · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 25

Jun,

Yep, Camping Les Geurins is the spot.  I was there with a large group of Irishmen, so I had no shortage of partners.  Even so, I ended up climbing with an Australian, a Belgian, some Frenchmen, an American, and a guy from Hong Kong during my week there last June.  The campsite was pretty packed, but no so you couldn't find a spot.  I imagine it will be much the same in July.  People come from all over to climb at Ceuse, and there are always people looking for partners.  Just put on a happy face and don't be shy!

Cheers,

Will

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "CEUSE, FRANCE May/June 2018 Partner needed!"
in the Extended Trips and International Partners