Mountain Project Logo

HELP ME PLAN MY CLIMBING TRIP THIS SUMMER

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290
Hobo Greg wrote:

Give me, do it for me, please, do it for me!

He asked politely.

This is a kid, according to his profile, and I'm guessing on his first, well, anything, on his own. He will still be the one who has to make all the decisions, post up for partners, deal with running out of gas in the middle of Nowhere, Nevada.

You've lived in a van for years? Hm. Maybe you might have some insights an excited kid could use. Or, even a cool story or two.

Or not.

Best, Helen

Hobo Greg · · My Van · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 160
Old lady H wrote:

He asked politely.

This is a kid, according to his profile, and I'm guessing on his first, well, anything, on his own. He will still be the one who has to make all the decisions, post up for partners, deal with running out of gas in the middle of Nowhere, Nevada.

You've lived in a van for years? Hm. Maybe you might have some insights an excited kid could use. Or, even a cool story or two.

Or not.

Best, Helen

He's asking people to plan his trip, on a website that has tens of thousands of listed routes only a click away. Are we to believe that an ENGINEERING student cannot successfully navigate the internet? 

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290
Hobo Greg wrote:

He's asking people to plan his trip, on a website that has tens of thousands of listed routes only a click away. Are we to believe that an ENGINEERING student cannot successfully navigate the internet? 

Like I said. Your choice, to help him out.

Or not.

Best, Helen

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,122
Robert Hall wrote:

Big Cottonwood is high quality limestone...

Just as an FYI, big cottonwood doesn't have any climbable limestone that I'm aware of (there may be a bit high up the canyon) BCC is quartzite.

For destinations, as has been said, you are going to need high elevation in the summer or it will be way too hot, Indian Creek, Zion, Red Rock, J-tree, any destinations like that will be way too hot to be worth your time.  Areas in ID, WY, UT that might be good for you to consider off of the top of my head would be the Wind River Range, Elephants Perch, Tetons, there is some stuff in the Uintas, the city (of rocks) will probably be a bit warm, but you can chase shade, Lone Peak is a cool area in the SLC area. In CA, the sierras have a lot of great high elevation rock including the needles.  If you can head to canada, suamish is perfect in the summer and the bugaboos would be cool to check out.

Robert Hall · · North Conway, NH · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 12,643

Don't know where I got limestone from....Ken's correct: BCC is quartzite. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "HELP ME PLAN MY CLIMBING TRIP THIS SUMMER"
in the Northern Utah & Idaho