Mountain Project Logo

Spring break Utah/ Nevad

Original Post
Jeremiah Nason · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hello I’m a southern climber looking to go to Utah or Nevada for spring break.  Obviously we know about the creek and joes and red rocks.  I just wanted to hear from people who have been around those places and other places about which ones are a must.  Also we’ve been hearing that Indian creek bouldering is the rage too.  Thanks!

Mike Womack · · Orcutt, CA · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 2,015

trad? sport? boulder? There's always city of rocks in southern idaho which is one of my favorites for that time of year.

Mostly sport and boulder but fun trad is also a plus!

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

+1 joes

triassic is fun if you are bored with joes

Also what are the most scenic or most fun things to do with off days if we have any

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Looked at your prof. You may also want to consider Maple Canyon (hard, fun, unique sport climbing) and a day or two in St. George. You can try the St. George triathalon: boulder, sport, and trad all in same day. 

Creek would be dumb without a creek rack. You cant show up with a single set of cams and some pink tricams and send (not that you are trying to, just FYI). Creek bouldering is just for Insta-bros and Insta-hos to post pretty pics. The good boulders are scattered around and not in walking distance of each other. If you want to boulder go to Joes, Moes, or Triassic, or RR. 

Joes is pretty cool. 

Overall, March and October are the worst times to be in Southern utah because every wanker from every hobby (climbing, biking, backpacking, atv-ing, jeeping, slacklinging, hiking, rafting, rv-ing, canyoneering, photographineering) are down there. But this may just be me being an elitist Utard. 

Jeremiah Nason wrote:

Also what are the most scenic or most fun things to do with off days if we have any

Delicate arch - most amazing thing ever. Recommend checking it out at sunset. Pictures cant do it justice. Canyonlands NP and Arches NP can be crowded but god damn they are amazing. 

Slackline. 

grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

Delicate arch - most amazing thing ever. Recommend checking it out at sunset. Pictures cant do it justice. Canyonlands NP and Arches NP can be crowded but god damn they are amazing. 

Slackline. 

Any easy Slackline rigs to play on?  Never highlined with a harness but looks super fun 

Jeremiah Nason wrote:

Any easy Slackline rigs to play on?  Never highlined with a harness but looks super fun 

I will PM you. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Spring break Utah/ Nevad"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started