Mountain Project Logo

thanks

Original Post
Ronbo · · Lexington Ky · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 235

Harness found. Thanks everyone for the help.  

divnamite · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 90

Which harness? The new ones are more true to size (run large). I wear Men's Medium in R-275 (old model), I wear small in the new FL-365. Your measurement is in the small range.

I don't have the same measurement as you, maybe others will chime in.

Jordan W · · NC · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 30

A medium should be fine for you. 

I'm not sure what model I'm just looking to buy a used one to try it out. Just a simple sport harness is what I'm looking for. I've just heard really good things about arcteryx harnesses so I figured I'd try to find one. Thanks D. 

Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

yes, medium will be right. I have a 30-31" waist and I have to synch down the harness just about all the way. it's just right when i have layers on underneath. The leg loops can get huge too.

if you can afford it, IMO go for the AR-365.

divnamite · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 90
Jordan W wrote:

New chart below. I went from medium to small.

Sounds like a medium in the older and a small in the newer AR-365 model would be ideal. 

Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Ronbo wrote:

Sounds like a medium in the older and a small in the newer AR-365 model would be ideal. 

no i think you should get a medium. small will be too small. i'm a smaller waist than you and i'm glad to have the medium.

Yeah Chris I think the medium is the way to go 

NCD · · Boulder, CO and anywhere I… · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 55
Ronbo wrote:

I responded to you in the for sale forum post also, this is correct.

TaylorP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I have a size 29 waist and the small AR 365 is perfect, maybe even a bit big (I tighten it as much as possible and I could maybe go more). If you can, try it out first. The harness is centered (gear loops) when the harness is fully tightened. So you want to be able to get it sized correctly so that it is cinched down all the way and comfortable

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "thanks"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion