llanSan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 130

Because it will never end.

ALEXAOUTDOOR Alexa smit · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 5

Nice, keep it up

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,763

The Forearm Farm:

Forearm Farm

16’ wide 15 degree, 8’ 30 degree, and Moonboard. Need more holds!

Forrest Carver · · Edgecomb, ME · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 85

Not sure if this goes here and I doubt it's a "new thing" but I came up with a neat trick to convert screw-on chips to hand holds on the cheap. I trace the chip on a piece of Trex decking, cut it out with a jigsaw, drill holes in line with the chip's holes, and then reinstall on the wall with the trex behind the chip. Makes the holds positive enough for hands.

Breaking off the corners of the Trex rather than cutting them with a jigsaw creates a super rough, rock-like texture although it's an inexact method. May post pics eventually.

Forrest Carver wrote: Not sure if this goes here and I doubt it's a "new thing" but I came up with a neat trick to convert screw-on chips to hand holds on the cheap. I trace the chip on a piece of Trex decking, cut it out with a jigsaw, drill holes in line with the chip's holes, and then reinstall on the wall with the trex behind the chip. Makes the holds positive enough for hands.

Breaking off the corners of the Trex rather than cutting them with a jigsaw creates a super rough, rock-like texture although it's an inexact method. May post pics eventually.

yes it goes here.

Forrest Carver wrote: Not sure if this goes here and I doubt it's a "new thing" but I came up with a neat trick to convert screw-on chips to hand holds on the cheap. I trace the chip on a piece of Trex decking, cut it out with a jigsaw, drill holes in line with the chip's holes, and then reinstall on the wall with the trex behind the chip. Makes the holds positive enough for hands.

I tried it and it works with resin holds but not the synrock type.

Tanner Wilks · · Orem, UT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 5

Any name suggestions for my woody? Roughly 14 ft tall from carpet to highest point. I can get some pretty long problems going across the whole thing and still make them not feel like choosy traverse problems. All i need now is some more bolts for all the holds and maybe some volumes.
Tanner Wilks wrote:

Any name suggestions for my woody? Roughly 14 ft tall from carpet to highest point. I can get some pretty long problems going across the whole thing and still make them not feel like choosy traverse problems. All i need now is some more bolts for all the holds and maybe some volumes.

The peak?

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,610

The 14er
As in "let's go climb the 14er"

Muscrat wrote: The 14er
As in "let's go climb the 14er"

LOL

Sacred mountain

As in "let's go climb in the sacred mountain".

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "What does your Woody look like???II part"
in the General Climbing