Mountain Project Logo

Worth watching once a year or so


Original Post
Merlin · · Grand Junction · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 10
Philip Martin · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Holy shit that zipper at 7:20 must have been 80-100ft

Dan Stirton · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 140

At 7:07 he was rocking the dog in the backpack before Dean was! Setup doesn't look like quite as bomber though

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,325

Yes, a good reminder to check your rope jump anchors after you've been in jail awhile and come back for one last leap.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Tradiban wrote:

Yes, a good reminder to check your rope jump anchors after you've been in jail awhile and come back for one last leap.

That wasn't the cause of his accident.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,325

Marc801 C wrote:

That wasn't the cause of his accident.

Then what was mystery giver?

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

The rope analysis by BD basically said that they were in excellent condition. It wasn't age or weathering.

Most people concluded that a different jump point, to create a longer jump, isolated the tyrol he used for a shock absorber and he effectively took an 1100' whip onto a static anchor.

I think a huge fixed line he'd rigged to jug up on may have played a role too. I'm not sure about that part. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Tradiban wrote:

Then what was mystery giver?

You know, you could just do your own googling and not repeat hearsay.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.climbing/gW92OrNs7_o


Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

Marc801 C wrote:

You know, you could just do your own googling and not repeat hearsay.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.climbing/gW92OrNs7_o


Interesting. In several places the author states that his concussions are speculative and only his opinion. 



FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Chad Miller wrote:

Interesting. In several places the author states that his concussions are speculative and only his opinion. 



Why did the author have concussions? Did autocorrect hit him on the head?

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,325

Marc801 C wrote:

You know, you could just do your own googling and not repeat hearsay.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.climbing/gW92OrNs7_o


Why would I do that when you will do it for me? 

I'm sure a Google group thread is a very credible source ;)

ViperScale . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 240

You can't believe anything on the internet unless it is on wiki.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Tradiban wrote:

I'm sure a Google group thread is a very credible source ;)

Why don't you take a look at who wrote the analysis before whining about the platform?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Chad Miller wrote:

Interesting. In several places the author states that his concussions are speculative and only his opinion. 

He had to due to his employment by Black Diamond - he did not want to risk even implying that the analysis was from BD.


Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

FrankPS wrote:

Why did the author have concussions? Did autocorrect hit him on the head?

Hahahaha!  Apparently you’re the only one who caught that.  

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

Marc801 C wrote:

He had to due to his employment by Black Diamond - he did not want to risk even implying that the analysis was from BD.


You sure about that?  Before you answer read Franks response. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,325

Marc801 C wrote:

Why don't you take a look at who wrote the analysis before whining about the platform?

Just some dude who works at BD posting on a group message board? I'm not impressed.

Stranger In Iowa · · IA · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 75

Tradiban wrote:

Just some dude who works at BD posting on a group message board? I'm not impressed.

Just some dude posting on a message board. I’m not impressed.

Merlin · · Grand Junction · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 10

I think the whole intent of my posting has been lost. Whatever the guy's personal shortcomings were, he's the closest thing I've seen to Icarus.

tooTALLtim · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 1,200

What a rad man, thanks for posting!

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,325

Stranger In Iowa wrote:

Just some dude posting on a message board. I’m not impressed.

Now you're catching on!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Worth watching once a year or so"
in the General Climbing

Log In to Reply