Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Down Pants - FULL SIDE ZIPS - Puffy Synthetic also possible

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Dante Carriero · · LOS ANGELES · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Looking for Down Pants - MUST HAVE FULL SIDE ZIPS - Mens medium or Womens Large (might consider a womens medium depending on sizing). Will consider synthetic is they are quality

bump

A Ramos · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey, I have a pair of Brand New with Tags Medium Mountain Hardware Compressor pants. These are a synthetic puffy.

I purchased directly from Mountain Hardware for some south american volcanoes next year and only tried them on around the house.

I ran a few tests, including seeing if I could put them over my layers while wearing a hard shell and various gloves. They have these neat velcro stops at the top that allow them to stay in place on your waist before you engage the full zipper. I could successfully put them on without taking off my double boots or my BD Punisher gloves without much fuss. 

Unfortunately, I am 6'2 and the medium just isn't long enough and I missed the return window.

They weigh just over 1lb and have reinforced knees and butt. 

I'd be willing to let em go for $120 shipped to you. (I paid 175)

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers!

-Alex

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,785

I was just in Rock & Snow's Annex (consignment shop in New Paltz NY). There's a pair of NEW Mountain Hardware down pants there. Fully baffled, quite likely the warmest puffy pants ever. Men's medium. $350.  (Not mine - I'm just passing on what I saw).  Full side zips. All black.

Whoa - those are too pricey for me. Hoping for like a used pair of the Montbell Tech Down Pants which commonly go on sale for like $150 or less......

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 13,412

Dante...I have a pair of Patagonia Down Pants with full side zip, size Medium, that have never been worn. Near perfect condition. One small cut/tear on left rear that was skillfully mended. Purchased some years ago when Patagonia had an outlet in Cabazon, CA. As these were intended to go to Denali all zipper pulls have short cord attached to facilitate zipping with heavy gloves on.

I'd consider $50 for the pants. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Benjamin Chapman wrote:

Dante...I have a pair of Patagonia Down Pants with full side zip, size Medium, that have never been worn. Near perfect condition. One small cut/tear on left rear that was skillfully mended. Purchased some years ago when Patagonia had an outlet in Cabazon, CA. As these were intended to go to Denali all zipper pulls have short cord attached to facilitate zipping with heavy gloves on.

I'd consider $50 for the pants. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Sold!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "WTB: Down Pants - FULL SIDE ZIPS - Puffy Synthe…"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY