Mountain Project Logo

Great Online Deals of 2018


Matt Westlake · · Durham, NC · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 587

I'm not sure if this is a killer deal, but I thought it was pretty decent:  Leftlane sports has the Men's BD Alpine start hoody on sale for $96, plus you can apply a coupon today (25JAN) for another 25% off to get it for $72. Shipping is $8 but if you add something small to bring it up to $75 (like some gels) you get free shipping. Also Active Junky for 8% back.

As of now they have all sizes in the green/yellow and L/XL in blue. Looked like they also had non-hoody versions for Men and Women's versions.

Stever · · Squamish, BC · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 20
Matt Westlake wrote: I'm not sure if this is a killer deal, but I thought it was pretty decent:  Leftlane sports has the Men's BD Alpine start hoody on sale for $96, plus you can apply a coupon today (25JAN) for another 25% off to get it for $72. Shipping is $8 but if you add something small to bring it up to $75 (like some gels) you get free shipping. Also Active Junky for 8% back.

As of now they have all sizes in the green/yellow and L/XL in blue. Looked like they also had non-hoody versions for Men and Women's versions.



hmm don't know if I need this, but for the price I couldnt resist!
bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,135

$150 skis that rip

https://www.sierra.com/s~surface-skis/

The Surface balance is my favorite ski and gets more pow than any ski I’ve tried.  It was built with wakeboard rocker tech and crushes zipper crust
as well as any depth of soft snow. It’s very fluid - you just pivot and accelerate and scrub rather than trying to GS turn everything.  Though, they are stiff and will get up on edge pretty good for 120 under foot. The symmetrical profile let’s you slide backward easily when it gets you lined up for the best pow line.
 
The daily is a bit more traditional with camber underfoot without loosing the powder love from lots of tip rocker.  Both are good in the trees. These skis are stiff but light for their size. 191 or 194 only if you are 190lbs or bigger.

For$150 it’s hard to go wrong.

Caleb Schwarz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 125

Not super climbing specific, but I've seen this deal a couple times and thought I'd share.

Granite Gear V.C. crown 60 for $79​​​

60L cordura rolltop pack weighing in at 2lbs 2oz.

(Colors red ribbon and tomatillo/oatmeal)

Christian Hesch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 6
Caleb Schwarz wrote: Not super climbing specific, but I've seen this deal a couple times and thought I'd share.

Granite Gear V.C. crown 60 for $79

60L cordura rolltop pack weighing in at 2lbs 2oz.

(Colors red ribbon and tomatillo/oatmeal)

Plus the STOICDEAL10 coupon might apply to this as well... will at least defray the shipping (and tax for those of us in CA)

Shaniac · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 7

STP has ATC Guides for $20. Use one of the STP coupons (in another thread) and you can nab them for $15. As of this writing they have Green and Black. Good luck!
 https://www.sierra.com/s~atc-guide/ 

Eric and Lucie · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 140

20% off all full-priced items at gearexpress.com, now through Feb 6.  Coupon code = LuvForAll

Matt B · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 307
SeƱor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Also, Big Bros for nearly 40% off.

Backcountry Big Bros​​​

Chris Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0
Matt B wrote: New WC #4 36% off at Backcountry ($58) 

Got 2 of em.

JD N · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

REI has the outgoing model of the Scarpa Vapor V on sale for $100

dnoB ekiM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 3,018

Mamutt 9.5 60meter
$88 and another 10% from active junky

https://www.moosejaw.com/product/mammut-9-5mm-infinity-classic-rope_10337621 

hangontightly letgolightly · · Unknown · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 10
dnoB ekiM wrote: Mamutt 9.5 60meter
$88 and another 10% from active junky

https://www.moosejaw.com/product/mammut-9-5mm-infinity-classic-rope_10337621 

Use SUPERSALE for another 10% off. Ridiculous deal on a great rope!!! Thx for posting.

greggrylls · · Salt Lake City · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 177
hangontightly letgolightly wrote:

Use SUPERSALE for another 10% off. Ridiculous deal on a great rope!!! Thx for posting.

weird that the 60m and 40m are priced the same.  Great deal!  picked one up!

Jared Casper · · St. George, UT · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10
dnoB ekiM wrote: Mamutt 9.5 60meter
$88 and another 10% from active junky

https://www.moosejaw.com/product/mammut-9-5mm-infinity-classic-rope_10337621 

Bummer, looks like they are already out of the 60m.

Brassmonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 115

Anybody have an REI outlet discount code?

Shaniac · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 7

If you own BD Venom Ice Tools... STP has the BD Venom Picks for about $22 and change if you use one of the 25% off coupons from another thread. Normal street price is around $40 bucks. Good luck!
https://www.sierra.com/black-diamond-equipment-venom-tech-pick-pre-2016~p~359ky/?ItemCode=359KY&searchTerm=359KY 

Wes Martin · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 15

20% off anything not on sale at GearExpress, coupon code "LuvForAll"   expires feb 6

Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5

Old orange petzl sirocco is $52 on backcountry. amazing deal for one of the best helmets on the market.

https://www.backcountry.com/petzl-sirocco-helmet-ptz0351?skid=PTZ0351-OR-S1&ti=UExQIENhdDpDbGltYjoxOjY6YmMtY2xpbWI=

Gavin W · · Langley, BC · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 181
Chris Blatchley wrote: Old orange petzl sirocco is $52 on backcountry. amazing deal for one of the best helmets on the market.

https://www.backcountry.com/petzl-sirocco-helmet-ptz0351?skid=PTZ0351-OR-S1&ti=UExQIENhdDpDbGltYjoxOjY6YmMtY2xpbWI=

Plus get an extra 7% back with ActiveJunky.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Great Online Deals of 2018"

Log In to Reply